JBL SRX712M tunings

• Members

Recently bought a pair of JBL SRX712M speakers. They will be used without subs for acoustic gigs. Does anyone have DBX Driverack PA tuning/eq recommendations for these boxes? They will be used in "passive" mode, not bi-amped. I've tried the driverack's preset for them, but was not happy. Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Members
Recently bought a pair of JBL SRX712M speakers. They will be used without subs for acoustic gigs. Does anyone have DBX Driverack PA tuning/eq recommendations for these boxes? They will be used in "passive" mode' date=' not bi-amped. I've tried the driverack's preset for them, but was not happy. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks![/quote'] Read through this thread. AH's tunings are much better than JBL's. I have been using them with great success! http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/LivePerformanceCategory/acapella-33/369254-

• Members

Andy. I have the driverack px, which only has a 3 band PEQ. Of the 5 frequencies you listed, which should I disregard?

81Hz, Q=5.706, G=+4.5dB (note this works in conjunction with the HPF)

225Hz, Q=4.41, G=+4dB (note some of this is boundery cancellation so flavor gently)

500Hz, Q=6.491, G=-3dB

1.68kHz, Q=2.035, G=+3dB

14.7kHz, Q=5.706, G=-5.5dB (HF response taming, they use a passibe lift network that's excessive IMO)

• Members
No subs' date=' Andy. [/quote']

Then start with the 3 bands I suggested above, and see how it sounds. You can bump up 80Hz by a couple dB if you need to on the graphic. Be sure you have the HPF in place, and there's not a ton of low end on these boxes.

• Members
I know there has to be a thread with the SRX728s tunings like the one you quoted. Do you have any idea how I could find it?

I did something with the 718, but not the 728. It might be a reasonable approximation to use the 718 tuning but the LF extension numbers would be different (just like using 2 x 718's but I don't think I did that either).

• Members
I know there has to be a thread with the SRX728s tunings like the one you quoted. Do you have any idea how I could find it?
From the DR 260 processor. These are the settings I use for my 728's. Polarity normal HPF, BW 18 at 30.4 Hz Eq. 76 Hz +1.5 db Q: 3.5

• Members
Andy' date=' you powered the srx712m with the plx3402 (700w @ 8ohm). Would a Crown K2 (500w @ 8ohm) be sufficient?[/quote']

Yes, plenty good. You will give up maybe a couple dB of maximum performance. If you never hit limit on your amp, you gave up nothing at all.

Archived