Looking for some harder to find backing tracks

fingerpicker

• Members

Many moons ago I had done a good amount of classical guitar, and I have an offer to do some classical and "Latin Jazz" (Think Craig Chaciquo but more spanish)

This will be a solo gig requiring some backing: Drums and bass and very sparse rhythm piano.

Does anyone know where I can get this type of backing tack and/or someone who makes them that isnt too expensive?

*Also if anyone here would be interested in making some extra $$$ to make them*

--I have heard a few of you guys with your custom tracks and they sound A+

• Members

An example would be: Acoustic Highway by Craig Chaciquo. I can find a midi file, but i dont have a midi sound module anymore. I used to use a yamaha qy700 in the 90's.

If i were to use midi what do i need to get to do it with software? (Simple modification of the midi file--delete parts, volume, tempo, etc.) and what about a soundcard? (Im a beginner here!)

• Members

Potts was saying on another thread that there is a website that allows you to customise their backing tracks - you can tick boxes to remove instruments on the track and strip it bare until you are left with just the piano and bass or drums.

Its called karaoke version. Here's the UK version http://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/custombackingtrack/karaoke_2.html just for you to check out to see if any might be useable.

The tracks aren't mega top quality but they might have something that would help you out. They seem to have a very large number of Latin and Jazz tracks on there. Maybe worth trawling through?

They are MP3 and can be downloaded.

• Members

I had a look at the site when Potts mentioned it in that other thread somewhere.

They have an awful lot of tracks to scroll through.

It isn't for me either. But there could be some hidden gems in there if you have the patience, I guess.

A guy in Scotland has a website - it's popular jazz standards rather than latin jazz but most of his tracks are pretty good quality.

Its called standardstrax. You can download from it or have a CD posted. I'm sure he posts worldwide.

Some tracks sound a bit yukky - that horrid fake brass section/faux big band made on a keyboard kind of sound, but he has some on there which he calls 'Trio versions' which just have a bit of piano, bass and drums on.

Again, there are a LOT of songs to trawl through - but we've had some custom made by this guy and can recommend him highly.

We have a lovely Bossa Nova version of "A Foggy Day" with nice tinkly piano on it that my partner plays bongos over. It's very quirky and light. It's now on his website for anyone to buy.

Of course, custom tracks cost more, but you never know, he may just have something on there that you could use.

Might be worth taking a little time to listen to some of his stuff?

Obviously it may not be what you want. But here's a link...............

http://www.standardstrax.com/?gclid=CM2piZuOzJACFQ5lQgod1nR0XQ

Archived