Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhh....having a zen GAS-free moment....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhh....having a zen GAS-free moment....

I know that *a few of us* have had problems with The GAS from time to time in our careers....but here I am with a reminder that desire is the root of all unhappiness...

I've been getting zen with my minimalistic setup recently, accepting the limitations in sound that I have, and focusing on the strengths of the pieces which I do own...and it is coming out niiice....

Next time you think to yourself "If only I had that new HyperFrequency PhaseAligned Synthulator Workstation88, I'd be in business"...remember Buddha underneath that Banyan Tree with only his drum machine, Evolver, and portastudio....

....Hey! When did they announce the HFPA SW-88?! How did I miss that press release?

<div class="signaturecontainer"></div>

Comment

I have recently achieved this as well. I still do desire one thing though. More DSPs for my CW setup. Nothing can overcome a DSP (crack) addiction. Other than that though, Scope, Pulse, and SID Station+++ with a couple of VSTs is the perfect combination for me.

Comment

Originally posted by program_insect
        ...remember Buddha underneath that Banyan Tree with only his drum machine, Evolver, and portastudio....

lol great quote

Comment

My GAS will be complete for a long while as soon as UPS shows up
          For effects, guitars, synths and other electronic audio devices reviews visit my blog at:<br><br><a href="http://www.dracotek.net" target="_self">www.dracotek.net</a>

Comment

Ahhh....having a zen GAS-free moment....

You'll come back to the dark side soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by synthetica
              My GAS will be complete for a long while as soon as UPS shows up

Yeah, I'm pretty much done as soon as my Spectralis and Signal Arts sequencer arrive. then it's only cards for my Kyma, and maybe some fx. Really. Well, maybe that fs1r.

Comment

My FS1R has cured my gas for a long time. Very deep waters there. I admit to being overwhelmed by it. In a good way...

Comment

My FS1R arrived Tuesday and it is definitely a keeper,. Should have picked one of these up long ago. This has been an expensive month for me but should keep me plenty busy for quite a while I believe. So much new territory to explore
                  For effects, guitars, synths and other electronic audio devices reviews visit my blog at:<br><br><a href="http://www.dracotek.net" target="_self">www.dracotek.net</a>

Comment

I found relief for my GAS, took a long overdue dose of Ale Fus
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Roland</b>: Fantom-G8 VSynth-GT MC-909 MC-808 PCR300 <b>Yamaha</b>: XS-6 MM-6 KX-25 T-116<b> Korg</b>: M3-61 Micro-X<b> Moog</b>: LP <b>DSI</b>: Prophet-08<br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <b>Cakewalk</b>: Sonar 8 PE Rapture Dimension Pro Project5 <b>N.I.</b>: Absynth Akoustik FM8 Massive <b>P.H.</b>: Reason 4 <b>Digidesign</b>: Protools LE 8 <b>Spectrasonics</b>: Omnisphere</div>

Comment

I have gas for quality instruments but not the junk.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">Every man makes a mountain of his life and master plan...<br />
                      <br />
                      Why do you persist Mr. Anderson?<br />
                      <br />
                      We used to joke that Chaz's pec's were rock hard and could deflect bullets, I guess not...</div>

Comment

Working...
                      X