Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha motif keys (weighted vs. normal)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is that? This is something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

Because when your hands are spread out playing like that, your fingers aren't parallel to the keys. If it's a synth action they will trigger adjacent keys by just brushing them.

Comment

Haha yeah, I'm sure if you wanna get really technical you should be practicing on the piano you'll use to perform. If I were rich I'd probably just go out and get a Motif XS7, Motif XS8 and a $50,000 Steinway - but as a college student that's not an option at the moment

Still, with an unweighted keyboard it helps to just go through the motions even if you can't focus on how to perform it at professional standards

Oh trust me, I get the plight of budgets

However, you should practice on a piano. Walk your ass to the piano room.
      HI I AM JONATHAN TAYLOR THOMAS YOU MAY REMEMBER ME FROM TV'S HOME IMPROVEMENT I AM HERE TO **************** UP YOUR DAY LOLROFLOMGIDKMYBFFJILL/ROSEBBQ

I AM SUPER-SERIOUS.

I SOLD MY GEAR DON'T CARE YOU DIDN'T BUY - GO LOCAL & ORGANIC H8 U GUYZ

Comment

Oh trust me, I get the plight of budgets

However, you should practice on a piano. Walk your ass to the piano room.

Never! Well... maybe when the weather is nice, but I go to penn state (located in the middle of bumble****************, PA) not the university of florida

Comment

Never! Well... maybe when the weather is nice, but I go to penn state (located in the middle of bumble****************, PA) not the university of florida

Go Nittany!
          HI I AM JONATHAN TAYLOR THOMAS YOU MAY REMEMBER ME FROM TV'S HOME IMPROVEMENT I AM HERE TO **************** UP YOUR DAY LOLROFLOMGIDKMYBFFJILL/ROSEBBQ

I AM SUPER-SERIOUS.

I SOLD MY GEAR DON'T CARE YOU DIDN'T BUY - GO LOCAL & ORGANIC H8 U GUYZ

Comment

I decided I can put up with walking a few blocks in the snow if I need to practice piano, so I bought an XS7 off ebay today -- now just hoping it doesn't arrive as 77 separate pieces

Thanks for the help deciding

Go Nittany!

Perfect season ruined by 1 loss to an unranked team, I feel embarrassed for the players

...then again we also lost the bowl game anyway.

Comment

The Yamaha FS synth action keybeds on the 6's & 7's and many other synths are the best in the business. Fast, snappy and well balanced.

Comment

All the Motif 8 boards have the same balanced, weighted action (Motif 8 Classic, ES8, XS8 along with S90 Classic and S90 ES). It is a sublime action.

I find this very interesting. I havent tried the action of the ES8 and the XS8 side by side, but I thought the action on the XS8 was a lot better. As a matter of fact the Fantom G's action impressed me alot as well. The action stood out to me on both of those boards compared to their previous versions.
                "Oh, we're gonna make it do what it do baby..."

-Ray Charles

Comment

Working...
                X