Electro Hammond sounds (searching)

cruciatus

• Members

Hey all...

I am by NO means a proficient or maybe even adequate organ player to date, but I managed to get an NE2 for some church playing. I typically play 888...2ish to get the full-bodied sound and a little flute on the high end.

I'm pretty much using the Hammond sound to play chords, not too much soloing or riffing. I'm like 90% satisfied with the sound of it but wish I had the knowledge to get more out of it.

This last week I hooked the NE2 up to a delay rack to approximate some reverb. (Like 28MS). That's helped. I've been pretty unhappy with the C3 chorus because it sounds like it's detuning it (i know that's what chorus is) in conjunction with the fast leslie a little too much. From reading I know the C3 is the preferred setting.

My main thing is, I'd like to get some of the more thin watery flutey sounds you hear where the Hammond is lurking in the background ...so far I can't get it to sound more Hammondy and less transistory/ballparky. Anyone have any suggestions/common experiences. thanks mucho.

• Members

From reading I know the C3 is the preferred setting.

As far as I can tell, it's not YOUR preferred setting :thu:

Although not HC, this thread is a great starting place for working those drawbars.

It's all in the drawbars. A lot of playing the hammond sound is learning the drawbars, knowing how each one sounds and what each drawbar will do to the sound - I myself am just one my way in that process. As to the sound requested, instead of a 888000000 setting, try an 808000000 and see how you like that - it gets you a more flutey and whispering sound.

Good luck and congrats with the board :thu:

/Niels

Archived