Alesis iPad Dock Photos

Crazyfoo

• Members

UPS showed up today and it was very easy to set up and get going but I'm having a few issues out of the box.

I ran the MIDI out of the PX3x into the dock and I was driving the various sounds in Garageband, audio outs are going in stereo into the Edirol FA-101 and sound is coming out a pair of Mackies.

Not sure why but random notes are stickingn when I drive the sound using the Kurz as a MIDI controller. Only way to stop it is close the app and re-start.

Maybe this week ill call / email their support and see if they havea fix for this or maybe its even a setting on my end?

In any case, some of these sounds are pretty awesome considering where they come from.

I was disappointed I couldnt get the Animoog app to be controlled by the MIDI controller. When I play it from the actual ipad itself, the sound comes out the Mackies and it sounds great but it wont let me drive via the Kurz a la MIDI.

It's also not responding to pitch and mod wheels from the MIDI controller, must be something in settings maybe?

Anyway, heres a few pics.

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

• Members

Are you getting it figured out?

Not yet Bill. Preparing for a really important showcase gig this week-end and still have about 8 more arrangements to come up with.

Come Monday the pressure will be off and I can get this sorted out and start spending some time with it.

• Members

There's a midi setup section in the animoog setup. I know when I connect my synth via the camera connection kit it shows about 5 'ports' under there. Not sure what a 'port' actually is but I have to select the correct one (1 in my case, maybe the channel my synth is transmitting midi on) for it to work.

• Members

There's a midi setup section in the animoog setup. I know when I connect my synth via the camera connection kit it shows about 5 'ports' under there. Not sure what a 'port' actually is but I have to select the correct one (1 in my case, maybe the channel my synth is transmitting midi on) for it to work.

Thanks dude, I will try that out :~))

Archived