Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with my Concertmate MG-1 (Moog)?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with my Concertmate MG-1 (Moog)?

I'm assuming the problem is with my "keyboard glide" switch, as it's always been a bit futzy, and now doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I'm pretty sure I could replace it, and I've sourced the part online, but I don't know if I could trouble shoot beyond that. I'm planning on unloading this thing, as we're moving and I don't use it too often, but I'd rather fix it up than sell it for parts. Anyone have any experience here?
    Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Without seeing the video, just to get the obvious out of the way; has the foam crud been cleaned out of the board?

Comment

I de-crudded it myself, which means it'd been decomposing in there for 15 years, at least. I took out the foam and wiped things down w/ alcohol, and it worked fine for a year or two (at least) after that.
      Jukejoint Handmedowns (my band)

Find our album on iTunes!

A Month of Songs (Songwriting blog)

Originally Posted by gennation

Neither of us is gay or anything, it just happened.

Comment

Send it to me, and I'll be happy to fix it for you. I should be able to get it done in about 3 years time, and I won't charge extra for the storage. DISCLAIMER: I may not actually be able to fix it. Maybe.
        Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

You could take it to Radio Shack and have one of their knowledgeable staff diagnosis it. Oh, wait, that's not a cell phone, and it doesn't need a battery. Sorry, you're out of luck.
          Gear: buncha stuff and a couple bazilion cables

Comment

You could offer to sell it to one of the guys who do bent circuitry on them. I'm sure they would be able to fix it up to their own specs and give you a reasonable price.
            SPAM - Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
            E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping

Comment

Working...
            X