Hey guys - Long time no see!!! Quick question re choosing a studio room!!

-groovatious-

• Members

Hey guys

Sorry for my absence of late - been quite a hectic time! Looking forward to getting back into the HC KSS community!

Thought I'd kick off with a question (I also posted this in the recording forum, but thought my mates here might be able to shed a bit of light on things as well smile.gif )

Recently moved into a new house and have a choice of 2 rooms for my home studio. Do mostly keyboard recording/production/mixing etc so not much if any acoustic recording.

Option 1 is a bigger/brighter/nicer space to be in but may not be great acoustically as it has mirrored built-in wardrobes on one wall and glass sliding doors on the opposite. Also a bit closer to the road/road noise.

Option 2 is a narrower but longer room with no built-ins, a strange pillar of wall in one corner and 2 windows along one side (although it's pretty dark and has an air conditioning compressor below it outside..hmmm)

Here's a rough diagram of dimensions (not to scale) and a few pics. Let me know your thoughts on which one you'd go for. PS - I'm renting so am limited with how much acoustic treatment I can do.

Thanks guys!!

studiorooms.jpg

Option 1:

photo1lhh.jpg
photo2xxu.jpg

Option 2:

photo3cbh.jpg
photo4lu.jpg

Archived