Advice on a knob-per-function analogue synth...

jahlljw

• Members

Hello All,

I'm hoping to get advice on a new synth purchase. I've been looking around at current production synths, but haven't quite found what I've been looking for. This could of course be an oversight on my part. I've considered going modular, but the ability to save patches would be a nice feature to hang onto. Anyhoo, I'd like it to have the following:

Knob per function layout - I'd like as little menu diving as humanly possible.

Preferably w/a built in keyboard, but not a must.

Analogue, monophonic is fine.

2 Oscillator minimum, with sine wave, and individual volume controls.

Ring Modulation would be nice.

High Pass & Low Pass Filters.

Decent modulation routings, specifically the ability to modulate the pulse width of oscillator 1 with the audio out of oscillator 2.

Patchpoints would be great, but not a must. Doesn't matter if they're 1/4" or 1/8".

I presently own a Dave Smith Tetra, and while I enjoy the sound of the oscillators, I'm not that big a fan of the filter (to me it lacks character), and while the menus are fairly intuitive, I don't find it suitable as a writing tool, more of a playing live tool, due to its multitimbrality when controlled by other gear (in my case, a Machinedrum). It's also lacking in modulation sources.

I've left out budget specifically, as I don't want it to limit the recommendations, and if my dream synth ends up being pricier than I budgeted for, I'm willing to save up towards it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to any and all responses.

Archived