Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the X2 and really like it. It works so cool so far!

Comment

• I have the X2, and it woeks good so far!

Comment

• I already have x2, it works cool so far.

Comment

• I just read through this thread and am pretty disappointed with where things ended up for Emulator X(2 and 3). I originally got Emulator X bundled with a 1212m sound card for $150 in 2006. I didn't get too deep into Emulator but did use it as a rompler. Recently I upgraded to X2 for $25. I'm getting more into the program and have really liked a lot of the capabilities and sounds. Since I'm still using the computer I bought back in 2006, I'm starting to feel a need for something more powerful. I started researching the software I already own to see how they work in Win7 and 64bits.

Surprise, surprise! Emulator X2 won't work in Win7 at all. The upgrade to X3 seems to be all but unavailable now and it was for the shocking price of $300 despite the reasonable statement from Ichi

If it's the latter the changes are more subtle but nonetheless substantial
          The highlights of X2.1
          -Xplode (beat slicer with MIDI and tempo map export)
          -Xtractor (dsp tool that allows you to isolate, edit or remove things in a mix)
          -X64/Vista support
          -Native 64-bit version of standalone and VSTi
          -Multi-Core, Multi-Thread optimized (substantial peformance gains)
          -Library has been optimized (substantial speed increase)
          -Streaming engine optimizations

We can't say specifically how we will price future upgrades but we will always try to make it as affordable as possible. If what we've done up to now is any indicator, incremental upgrades have been free, major new features have been 79 bucks. We think this is pretty reasonable.

Best,
          ICHi
          E-MU Systems

So it sounds like X2.1 eventually became X3 and the more palatable upgrade price of $79 was upped to $300. After checking around on the production forums, it sounds like Emulator X3 is either dead or very close to it. Maybe you can still find it around and at very cheap "blowing out old stock" prices but I haven't been lucky so far. You can get Komplete 7 for $500 or maybe Komplete 6 for $300. Still, I'd really miss Emulator's filters......

Maybe I'm totally wrong about all this, I really hope so.....
          Dan

Comment

• Oops, so the upgrade to X3 is listed as $200 on emu's site, still pretty expensive but more reasonable than $300. I think I liked the $25 upgrade from X1 for X2 better though....

Comment

• Surprise, surprise! Emulator X2 won't work in Win7 at all. The upgrade to X3 seems to be all but unavailable now and it was for the shocking price of $300 despite the reasonable statement from Ichi

I have E-MU Emulator X2 and an E-MU 0404 PCI sound card working in a Windows 7 32bit environment with absolutely no problems at all. Works like a charm!! Still a pretty decent setup.
              Jim Atwood Japan

Comment

Working...
              X