Does anyone own Klipsch computer speakers.. sub output level question

• Members

~~Wanting to increase the bass/sub output on my Klipsch computer speakers.

I. Click on volume control 2. Click on mixer

3. Click on Device/Speakers

4.Speaker properties

5.Levels (it is telling me Realtek High Definition Audio.

The bass slider icon is not responsive. ie the level does not change on sub level output.

Do I need to download some kind of Klipsch driver? 4/27 12:41 PM | IP: Logged

This is not to be confused with the sub out put knob on the left Klipsch speaker. It should be moving much more air after the 12 o'clock position.

• Members

When asking questions about specific gear, it's always important to let folks know the model number if at all possible.

I assume from what you've written that these are USB speakers.

If, on the other hand, they plug into the LINE OUT or HEADPHONE OUT of your computer, that's just a standard stereo (2 channel) signal that the speakers combine and spit to the woofer internally. In such a case the Realtek 'soundcard' chip sends an analog signal to the computer's audio out (line or phones); no driver for the speakers because they're 'outside' the computer's digital interconnections.

If they ARE USB speakers but you haven't installed a driver specific to them, the system is probably using a generic USB audio device driver -- in which case, if the speakers are designed to be controlled from their own (proprietary) driver, you're going to end up missing any of that extra feature control. (It's similar to using a generic video adapter driver for a hotrod gamer vid adapter -- you don't get access to device-specific features.)

If the latter is the case, the course of action is clear, get on the web and download the drivers for your specific speakers (or as specific as you can find on the Klipsch site -- a lot of times, a company will design adapters that work across a line or family of products).

Archived