Suggest Brass and String sample library

Hush

• Members

I just posted over in the keyboard section, but since I hang out here the most I thought I'd post here too.

I'm doing some mixes of mostly acoustic music. The artist created some string and horn parts and the TTS1 in Sonar is just not cutting it. It sounds too synthy. I tried downloading some free soundfonts off the web but you know, you get what you pay for. So can anybody suggest some decent sample libraries that wont break the bank? Can you get a decent library for under $500? I'm mostly looking for String ensamble and Individual Horns.

I have LiveSynthPro and VSampler 3. I even have an older version of Gigasampler to use.

Thanks

Marc

• Members

There are a bunch of good virtual instruments, but given your price range and the fact that you're using Sonar, check out Garritan Personal Orchestra (GPO). It fits Sonar like a glove. I just checked for price at Musician's Friend and it's going for $199. Just make sure you read the manual before you start playing! Some people don't realize the mod wheel controls dynamics, and then they think it doesn't work.

IK's Miroslav Philharmonik is very cool too but costs around $500. If you want to kill multiple birds with one stone, get a sampler with a good string library included.

Archived