Back to the dummy head project

Bookumdano2

• Members

Without resorting to a separate head...to start at the lower end of the price spectrum and easiest to use, I tried some new, headworn Roland mics. Okay at the park but no go for any serious up/down/back/forward placement.

There are quite a few other mic-in a headset types out there that I may try, but demos are pretty poor. May have to try a Jecklin at some point, but even the demos for those aren't all that impressive.

The virtual barbershop thing that's around sort of gets there for tests, but I found out that is a mix of a lot of techniques. Which is okay, but it's really hard to find detailed session info for the barbershop demo. I don't even know if it was created recently or 30 years ago.

Wanna hurt your eyes??? I happened onto this site where the mic boom attached to the head mechanism may be sort of useful. Dunno. But navigating those pages is a nightmare - http://www.sonicstudios.com/ Yeow, what a disaster. Aren't these the Sonic Studio software guys ? Or maybe not.

• Members

Well, unlike stereo recording, I want to get the height element in, preferably on just one sound at a time. Pinpoint stuff ... just under the chin, behind the head, upper left, lower right side etc. I'm getting really good at distance and nearness experiments and I want to figure out this height thing.

Archived