Best way to ship an amp?

q-4000

• Members

This is how UPS packed mine.

From the outside:

Box, few layers of cardboards on all sides, a thick slab of foam board on the top and bottom, packing peanuts fills all the voids, and finally the amp wraped in bubblewrap sitting in the center of all that.

• Members

If you're sending overseas, I can share some of my experience. Best way is with USPS Express (pretty cheap and fast). Pack it yourself with a good amount of bubblewrap and little cushion thingies that look like marshmallows (don't know what you call 'em). Also, it's better if you take the tubes out of their sockets, wrap each one of them in bubblewrap, and put them back inside the amp and make sure they won't fly around inside (use more bubblewrap if necessary).

Mind the size/weight limitations when shipping abroad though.

• Members

any idea on cost? Its a Line6 Flextone 3 1X12 so no tubes to mess with was thinking of useing USPS as I have had the best luck shipping gear with them!

Umm.. Are you asking about shipping to Russia or.. where? Why don't you check out the USPS online calculator, it's pretty precise. Here's the link:

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home_header&page=calculatepostage

Archived