Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite snare head?

What's your favorite snare head?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">remember: you’re a wreck, an accident.<br />
    Forget the freak, your just nature.<br />
    Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned **************** snort,<br />
    and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the engine run.<br />
    Because in the end, everything we do, is just everything we’ve done.</div>

Right now, coated Ambassador or a coated Aquarian Studio X. What can I say, I like a bit of ring and response.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/" target="_blank">Modern Drunkard Magazine</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com" target="_blank">Slim Cessna's Auto Club</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com/downloads/mp3s/pinebox.mp3" target="_blank">Listen to Pine Box</a><br />
    <a href="http://smoochrecords.com/audio/Munly&amp;The_Lee_Lewis_Harlots-The_Denver_Boot_Redux.mp3" target="_blank">Listen to Munly</a><br />
    <br />
    &quot;There ain't no devil, there's just god when he's drunk&quot; -Tom Waits</div>

Comment

I agree with that the Aquarians sound great. Recently I've been using an Evans Coated Reverse Power dot. It has a good punch w/ just enough ring. Its not as sensative as the Aquarians, but good sound nonetheless.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">www.TheLikesOfWhich.com <br />
      My <a href="http://www.psycht.net/blog/spds.php" target="_blank">Roland SPD-S</a> site. &lt;-- new design!<br />
      www.psycht.net</div>

Comment

Remo Emporer coated

however, my local shop didn't have any in last week so I bought a Remo Emporer Suede (it sounds the same as the coated)
        <div class="signaturecontainer">***************<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        ***************</div>

Comment

I really like the Aquarian satin and also the Texture Coated with the Power Dot on the underneath side (single ply med) . Great heads the satin is comparable to a ambassador but in my mind better. The coating last's a lot longer and they sound better imho
          (don't get me wrong the amb. is a great head I used them for years)
          <div class="signaturecontainer">It take's many wise act's to be consider a wise man but only one foolish act to be consider a fool.</div>

Comment

Depends on the drum...

On my 5.5"x14" maple I go pure vanilla with a coated ambassador.

On my 6.5"x14" steel, I use a coated powerstroke to cut down a little on the ringyness of the shell.

Clear diplomats on the bottoms of both.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><i>OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.<br />
            <br />
            Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.<br />
            <br />
            I call this phenominon &quot;dark ****************,&quot; and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.<br />
            <br />
            -scarecrowbob, 1/6/07</i></font></div>

Comment

Originally posted by Nagi
              I really like the Aquarian satin and also the Texture Coated with the Power Dot on the underneath side (single ply med) . Great heads the satin is comparable to a ambassador but in my mind better. The coating last's a lot longer and they sound better imho
              (don't get me wrong the amb. is a great head I used them for years)

i agree, aquarian heads definately last longer than remo.
              <div class="signaturecontainer">This message brought to you by:<br />
              <br />
              --jesse--</div>

Comment

evans hd dry vented on mine, i have a premier snare and the evans dry head works great on it. gives a nice crisp crack when you go a little heavier on it too
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums , Blaster drum triggers , &amp; sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , &amp; Music Star Wear musician apparel</div>

Comment

I also have an Evans Genera Dry on my Tama maple snare, sounds great!
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Structure of Decay<br />
                  www.myspace.com/structureofdecay</div>

Comment

evans st on my the copeland, evans dry on the wood
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">i can't log into my original profile anymore <br />
                    <br />
                    Stratocaster<br />
                    Telecaster<br />
                    Marshall DSL 100<br />
                    Orange ad30tc w/ 4x12<br />
                    B-52 AT-100<br />
                    McCoy Wah<br />
                    Tonelab <br />
                    Pearl BRX<br />
                    </div>

Comment

Evans Genera Dry on a DW Maple shell.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;The youth of America depends on you to show them the way&quot;<br />
                      -You'll never guess who said this, and who he/she was saying it to. </div>

Comment

on my 8x14" Brass I prefer a clear pinstripe.

Comment

5.5 x 14" Birch snare - Coated Ambassador
                          6 x 14" metal snare - Coated Powerstroke 3

Comment

Originally posted by swdev
                            5.5 x 14" Birch snare - Coated Ambassador
                            6 x 14" metal snare - Coated Powerstroke 3

Copycat!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><i>OS is kind of like imaginary numbers-- something theoretically useful, but who doesn't acually exist.<br />
                            <br />
                            Only in OS's case, instead of generating recursive fractals, it's simply that the mass of **************** which fills him is greater than the mass of a similar, hypothetical mass of **************** at 0 degrees Kelvin.<br />
                            <br />
                            I call this phenominon &quot;dark ****************,&quot; and while it is useful to explain OS, dark **************** violates a number of laws we know about matter.<br />
                            <br />
                            -scarecrowbob, 1/6/07</i></font></div>

Comment

I use a PowerStroke4.. Alot of people dont like them, but I love them. Im gonna try an aquarian snare head next, any suggestions? 2ply if possible

Comment

Working...
                              X