Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro Hi-Hat?

Hi,

Have a Yamaha DD-65 desktop drum kit. It's pretty cool but the hi-hat sucks. The main reason it sucks is because the volume is preset and you can't raise it. It sounds like a whisper beside the snares for example. In fact I don't use it at all because it is so rubbish. All the other percussion effects are okay, only the hi-hat spoils the fun.

There are several drum kits like the DD-65 out there - do any of them have a dedicated control for the hi-hat please?

Or is there a separate electro hi-hat module I could use alongside the DD-65, a module I could adjust the volume for?

Thanks

<div class="signaturecontainer">ric</div>

http://c1.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/DD65-ddcd30112caaad6d533c67e73796f44b.jpg

<div class="signaturecontainer">ric</div>

Comment

Not sure about desktop kits, but I am looking for a great new Yamaha electronic drum kit - perhaps a DTX? Any thoughts on these?

Comment

• kr236rk
        kr236rk commented
        Editing a comment

Most Yamaha kit is great but there is still the issue of the fixed hi-hat volume. I will probably end up using a real hi-hat and recording it separately. Brushes are also an issue with electro kits and if you tend towards a jazz feel to percussion the loss of hi-hat and brushes begins to really compromise what is possible.

But I am not a percussionist, I use the desktop kit to fill out compositions, and for that it is worth its weight

Working...
    X