Electro Hi-Hat?

kr236rk

• Members

Hi,

Have a Yamaha DD-65 desktop drum kit. It's pretty cool but the hi-hat sucks. The main reason it sucks is because the volume is preset and you can't raise it. It sounds like a whisper beside the snares for example. In fact I don't use it at all because it is so rubbish. All the other percussion effects are okay, only the hi-hat spoils the fun.

There are several drum kits like the DD-65 out there - do any of them have a dedicated control for the hi-hat please?

Or is there a separate electro hi-hat module I could use alongside the DD-65, a module I could adjust the volume for?

Thanks

• Members

Most Yamaha kit is great but there is still the issue of the fixed hi-hat volume. I will probably end up using a real hi-hat and recording it separately. Brushes are also an issue with electro kits and if you tend towards a jazz feel to percussion the loss of hi-hat and brushes begins to really compromise what is possible.

But I am not a percussionist, I use the desktop kit to fill out compositions, and for that it is worth its weight ;)

Archived