How's this for a crazy gig?

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

Tomorow evening I will be playing for the Tru-Value/Ace Hardware expo at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City. I'm not sure what to expect. They tell us that there will be 3,000-5,000 people there, but like any festival, we'll be lucky if 50 people actually stop to hear us.

Bassius, Greenshag, Broncomino, tocssomething, and whoever else is in the area, it is a private function, but I was told to invite whoever I wanted.

• Members

Hopefully, I'll still have a flask worth of cheap evan williams whiskey to help me get through the show.

Seriously, I don't get drunk when I perform. I do like to have a couple drinks to loosen up, like most everyone else on here.

My little sister is the fiddle player in this band. It is so much fun trying to explain to her how to set up her amp, pickup, and all the stuff that a band does. She has played in orchestras all over the world, but this is her first "band". She really has no clue how to improvise, or follow a singer. But, is is getting really good very fast.

I'll try to remember to post a video or at least some pics of the show.

At the very least, Tru-Value would be an awesome company to sponsor a country band.......

• Members

So the gig went really well. My little sister plays fiddle in this band, so we snuck my parents and 2 little brothers into the event. There was about 6,000 in a huge ballroom. Fancy catering, open bar (
:thu:
) and the dance floor was packed almost all night long.

Sweet. :thu:

Archived