Anyone try these Vox headphone amps?

Perfessor

• Members

Looks pretty sweet. Is there so such thing as a splitter cable for headphones? If you could hook one end into your iPod and the other into that, I would so buy it like, right now.

Ah that would need to be a split input right? Not like going out to two headphones?

I wonder.....

• Members

Ah that would need to be a split input right? Not like going out to two headphones?

I wonder.....

Yeah, split cables so as to get sound from 2 different places... shoulda clarified. Because that would solve a LOT of problems. Practising along to mp3s like that would rock.

• Members

I am also interested in checking one of these out. :poke:If you click on the BASS Amplug on the VOX website the pic will expand and you can clearly see a mini jack on top for the headphones and one on the side for you Mp3 player.

My question is what powers the unit? :idea:

:facepalm:Never mind. I see at the bottom of the page it uses 2 AAA batteries. DOH!!!

• Members

Now, give that thing a USB connection and 1GB of memory, and allow you to load your own backing tracks on... that would be a winner IMO. And a tuner. And basic FX.

What you're looking for is the Tascam MP3 trainer. It has everything you listed plus a metronome and pitch shifting capabilities as well as track speed up / slow down with or without affecting pitch.

• Members

What you're looking for is the Tascam MP3 trainer. It has everything you listed plus a metronome and pitch shifting capabilities as well as track speed up / slow down with or without affecting pitch.

In the same tiny, plug-directly-in form factor? I don't want a single cable, except to my headphones...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I bought one from Musician's Friend. Let me tell you that it is one of the best gear purchases I've made in a long time.

When I first got it, I was using a set of Apple iPod earbuds, and it didn't sound to good. But, what do you expect from from Apple? A week later I bought a set of Sony MDR-EX300 earbuds and these make the VOX Amplug sound awesome.

MDREX300BLK.png

All I can say is that this thing is awesome for practicing along w/ my iPod working on songs for my cover band,

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I got one for christmas. Its absolutely fantastic.

It has a effect feature which basically adds a compressor, but i dont really use it that much. I have ear-wrap (hug the entire ear) headphones, and this things sounds fantastic. The only (ONLY) downside is the dials move too easily, so you may knock your settings.

It is awesome to play at night when everyone is asleep. I even played through it while the power was off cos my brother was dooing wiring.

Definitely worth the money.

• Members

I got one for christmas. Its absolutely fantastic.

It has a effect feature which basically adds a compressor, but i dont really use it that much. I have ear-wrap (hug the entire ear) headphones, and this things sounds fantastic. The only (ONLY) downside is the dials move too easily, so you may knock your settings.

It is awesome to play at night when everyone is asleep. I even played through it while the power was off cos my brother was dooing wiring.

Definitely worth the money.

I like the Lead for guitar, but I just got a bass, so... thanks for the feedback.

Archived