Balanced woody sound , loud for a small body guitar , low - mid - high a real surprise ......

I have had 3 Cortez models over the years and none ever needed a neck re-set , not bad for a 55 year old guitar. Kalamazoo Michigan produced. Now I have a 67 sunburst and it plays / sounds great. And I only use silk & steel strings.

They have gone up in price from 30 years ago .... I did buy one for $500. with a repaired headstock repair .... that played great. Now in 2019 it will probably cost between $1,400. and $2,200. approximate .......but for the sound & comfortable playing it still sells less then an LG2 etc.

General Comments

These came with the plastic adjustable bridge (glued to top) and a rosewood adjustable bridge (bolted to top). The plastic ones can crack & lift from top but in my opinion the tone variation is very little. Very easy / comfortable to play.  For the price it's a fine USA made guitar.

s-l1600rg.jpg

Started playing at 9 years old & still playing  now at 72 years old. Signed / toured (with my band) to United Artists Records in the late 60's , various projects / recordings & session work. Guitar collector / teacher / analog recording studio.