elantric

Blackstar ID:Core 40 Stereo (2 x 20watt)

When using its 1/4" Guitar Input Jack, this amp works very well, very good DSP Amp Modeling, and nice stereo Effects that makes me want to try its larger cousin  - When feeding an external Stereo source into the 3.5mm TRS Stereo Aux/MP3 Input, the  Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 40's two 6.5" Speakers are revealed to be nearly Flat and full range  - missing ultra low frequencies - I estimate the frequency response range is 80-12kHz - I could see myself using the  Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 40 instead my pair of Auratone 5C Sound Cubes to check mixes. It works rather well, and goes a bit louder than the IK Multimedia iLoud

My 1st Blackstar , so the jury is still out - I will update in a few months after this amps get a few more miles and gigs played.

A lot of amp for a low price

General Comments

when I tried to use the  Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 40 as a Stereo monitor Amp for my Roland VG-99's Clean Acoustic and Nylon Classic Patches. These demand a very clean high wattage Amplification system if you expect to have transparent full fidelity, no distortion, no clipping for the higher transient response of acoustic instruments at Max SPL. What I experienced was the  Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 40 would just auto shut down after 10 seconds using the VG-99's Nylon Classic Patch (005 Sevilla Nylon) , rather like the old 1960s Vox Super Beatle Amp Watchdog Power breaker  - a design implemented no doubt to save burning out Power Output devices / Speakers when the 3.5mm TRS Aux/MP3 input is overloaded.  Meanwhile VG-99 Electric Patches worked well and sounded good - just not at the same decibel level I could achieve using the Blackstar alone.

I have over 40 years experience as a guitar player and I'm employed as an Audio Design Engineer www.vguitarforums.com