The most important thing to remember is: THIS IS NOT A POD! This is the dream effects box. I use a Strat through a Fender HotRod Deluxe, and most of the time that's ALL I use. However, instead of carrying around a box of effects pedals, I can carry this little wonder around. It's got a stage tuner, tremelo, volume, wah, rotovibe, auto-wah, and many echoes, chorus, effects. It's also got several distortion boxes modelled. They all sound good. The main thing to remember is my deluxe is not gonna sound like a boogie or a marshall. In my opinion, none of the modelling boxes can do that. Nothing is gonna sound like a good guitar running through hot tubes and moving air. What makes this contraption so appealing is that it does so many things to modify my sound and gives me control over all the necessary parameters. It will do up to 8 effects at a time, which is overkill for me.

It's still pretty new, but it's built out of metal. I'm guessing it's gonna last ok. I'll let you know if it doesn't.

General Comments

I tend to play "Texas" music, which is a strange combination blues, country, americana, and zydeco. I've been playing professionally for longer than you've been alive, and I look it. If this thing were stolen, I'd probably replace it. It does a lot of things really well. I compared it to the J-system and the Pod, and decided that for live work, this is the superior product. I do a lot of studio work, but for that I use a guitar and an amp. Let's face it, a $5000 Lexicon is gonna sound better than a $300 stomp box, no matter who made it.