SRV-JonEB

DigiTech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal

What setup (i.e. what guitars and amps) are you using this with? I use an american strat, Fender Bassman LTD Is it noisy? NO On what settings? my favorite blues is: Vol=1pm, Bass=11am, Treble=3pm and Gain at 3pm, and use the neck pickup Are the effects weak or do they always sound great? The MONKEY sound very good. Its got more of a tube tone than any pedal i have ever tried ! Its a MID RANGE pedal with the hollow tone. It really reminds me of ERIC CLAPTON. sounds really good with my fender bassman. Can you get the sound of your favorite artists? I can get a great bluesy tube tone. I'm amazed how close it is to a overdriven tube tone. Are certain effects (distortion, chorus, ...) very good? I play a Delay pedal with it. And for extra drive, i use the digitech scream'n blues pedal with the bridge pickup.

i've played it everday for 6 months

General Comments

I'm a BLUES ROCK type guy. I love a good tube tone when driven, as we all do. This pedal works well with my BASSMAN. I get a great driven tube tone. Like people say, its a SMOOTH tone. It really sounds like eric clapton when he's playen a great slow blues (HYDE PARK). Its the best TUBE DRIVER i've played. Its that BOXY MIDY tone. I have many guitars, but i like the american standard the most. the unit also sounds good with humbuckers. TRY IT !!! for $40, its the best deal out there.