Tupelo Son

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT 50w 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp

As stated above, I play many different styles and guitars. Soundwise, as a single unit this amp is as versatile as any I've played. The distortion models are the best I've heard. The AC30 model combined with a Ric, Tele, or P90 guitar sound as close to the real thing as it gets! The uk 80's and Numetal distortion models both deliver that classic buzzsaw distortion that seems to be so lacking in most amps available these days. This amp's clean models are lacking. I'd like to see VOX improve on this amp's clean models. The sound quality of the clean models is good but the output is weak. That is my only criticism of this amp models. Again, the effects are as good as any outboard effects I've used. The reverbs, delays, chorus, and comp phaser are just amazing! The tremelo reverb could be better. Other than being a pain at times to work with, I'm very happy the effects choices this amp offers.....On a personal note I'd like to state that some of these reviewers really need to take into account the guitar they're playing before being so critical of this amp's models and effects. At most, your amp only accounts for 50% of your sound! Also take into account that this amp is only intended to be a step or two above a practice amp. And while this amp really cranks and easily keeps up with most 2x12 combos out there, don't expect it to blow doors in big rooms. It'll sound good in your house, small bars, etc. Anywhere bigger and your going to have to rely on your PA to get the true sound out there.

I've owned mine for close to a year now and have had no problems. It's holding up fine.

General Comments

What I've posted above pretty much sums up my feelings about this amp. This amp delivers alot of bang for the buck.