Zygoat Creative Updates Doggiebox To Version 1.3
By Guest |
Zygoat Creative Technical Services today announces the immediate availability of Doggiebox 1.3, an update to its percussion sequencing software for Mac OS X.
Version 1.3 introduces some significant features and improvements, including:
- Velocity adjustment is now possible on a beat-by-beat basis (right- clicking on a drum will pop up an adjustment slider)
- Editing operations can now be performed on a beat-subdivision granularity, in addition to whole bars as before. Drums can be moved while the song structure remains unaffected
- A new floating inspector window provides control over time signature and tempo, default velocity, etc
- New commands to insert and delete beats. Changing time signature now preserves a bar's structure
- Zooming is now adjustable for individual bars, and is persistent
- Playback tempo is now adjustable in real time according to inbound MIDI Clock events
- Many other bug fixes and usability enhnacements
Doggiebox is available for immediate online purchase at USD$39. Updates from previous versions are free for all current users. A free evaluation version is available for download at www.doggiebox.com/download.php.
Zygoat Doggiebox is a versatile percussion sequencer (drum machine application) for Mac OS X. Using Doggiebox, you can create realistic- sounding drum tracks in moments, ranging from the style of a human drummer to imaginatively bizarre experimental pieces. Whether you want to produce a demo without taking the time to set up real drums or just need a click track for recording guitar, Doggiebox is the perfect tool to fill the gap. With Doggiebox, you can:
- Create and modify drum tracks of unlimited length and easily edit intricate rhythms using a flexible yet intuitive interface
- Define, arrange and re-use song sections (such as verses and choruses) by dragging and dropping in a scrolling list, for efficient song building
- Specify tempo and time signature changes, including compound time, over arbitrary bars in a song
- Create and use your own drum kits, including their actual sounds and icons, and change between different drum kits while working on a song
- Play songs through the speakers, to any MIDI-capable device or application, or export them to any of a dozen formats for use in other audio applications like GarageBand or ProTools
Included with the Doggiebox distribution is a full user's guide, and additional resources (including an online library of drum kits and song files) are available on the Doggiebox web site. Users are encouraged to join the e-mail discussion list to connect with other users and stay updated on news and subsequent releases.
Doggiebox is aimed at amateur and serious musicians, home recording and studio folk alike, and requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or newer.