Video - Candyman and Remembering Linda

orsino

• Members

My webhosting service has been having problems this weekend. If you can't get the clips to load, try back later.

Excuses for bad fretting and lousy intonation available upon request.

Thanks to LB for the video lesson for Candyman. Web-available video lessons are definitely the wave of the future.

Candyman - Gibson J-100Xtra- 4MB

A loose version of Mike Christiansen's tune dedicated to Linda McCartney. The tune was written in the style of Blackbird but in a darker minor key to reflect the emotion of Linda's death.

Remembering Linda - Taylor LKSM-6 - 6MB

• Members

Excellent playing Orsino! Both songs are on my list of songs to learn. Your Gibson sounds fantastic btw! My guitar(actually my roommate's guitar) sounds like a plastic compared to that.

How did you do those nice graphics at the beginning?

• Members

Man I love this stuff. You have really come a long way man. I cant see the video for some reason. Wants a codec I dont have. Didnt have that problem before. Maybe my end. I can hear it though. Those almost sound like 80/20s on there. Anyways, I will check back later and MANY KUDOS ! This made my day :)

• Members

Thanks guys. Fooling around making these videos is almost as much fun as playing these great guitars. Well OK, NOT QUITE. rosskoss, It's Windows Movie Maker, a free download from Microsoft. here's the link to the download page.

Windows Movie Maker

They're nanos LB. Man you have GOT to be able to SEE Candyman. Let me know how I can make it happen for you.

• Members

Originally posted by thisllub

Nice playing. Now you realise you are going to have to fork out for proper lighting gear next then another camera for different angles, shotgun mikes and mixers. You are in for some serious GAS pain.
:D

Look out MTV:eek: :D

• Members

I watched it again a few more times and I am really surprised how you have basically gotten the whole thing down it a very short time and it takes ALOT of guts to record yourself like that and post it. Few people will do it and thanks for being one of the new generation of cyber jammers and guitar folks that takes the steps to do this. Maybe more people will get into this style and do the same things we are. Kudos man and great job !

• Members

In the words of Arlo Guthrie....."I'm not proud....or tired."

Thanks bro. Not just for the compliment, but all the time you have spent to help us along.

When we can't be in the room together, this is definitely the next best thing.:)

• Members

Thanks guys!

Tony, both guitars are sporting two week old nanowebs. I agree with you about the Gib. I can't believe that big box can sound that bright. It is maple though.

acoustiholic, The composer of Linda obviously nailed the sadness involved in Linda's passing. What a brilliant concept to echo Blackbird in a minor key.

talkgtr, it's great to use my mics through my sound card with 24 bit sound and have video too.

LB is going to have some really great info on how it's done in the very near future. If he ever stops playing Candyman on that new SCGC.:D

• Members

Originally posted by orsino

My webhosting service has been having problems this weekend. If you can't get the clips to load, try back later.

I assume that the problems manifest as the site being unavailable, since that's what I've been getting all morning. Orsino, if you've given up on posting stuff online and closed down your site and moved to the Caribbean to sit under a palm tree and play your guitars and sip little drinks with umbrellas in 'em, let me know - I'll stop trying to download the files and instead start shopping for plane tickets so I can join you. :D :D

Otherwise, I'll keep trying. Looking forward to hearing them!

• Members

Originally posted by cstime

I assume that the problems manifest as the site being unavailable, since that's what I've been getting all morning. Orsino, if you've given up on posting stuff online and closed down your site and moved to the Caribbean to sit under a palm tree and play your guitars and sip little drinks with umbrellas in 'em, let me know - I'll stop trying to download the files and instead start shopping for plane tickets so I can join you.

Otherwise, I'll keep trying. Looking forward to hearing them!

:D Don't I wish! I'm majorly bummed. My web hoster has been off line (they say re-loading their server) for three days now. You can't even access their website. I kind of wonder if they'll ever come back. To keep you from having to check in cstime, I'll bump it when I'm back on line. Pisses me off! They've been really good up until now though. But, this is excessive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by ollalome

Great man!

Love it when people post stuff like that!! Especially the "remembering linda"... Do you know anywhere I could find the tabs for it... My LV-10 needs some new songs...

Once more;;; great job, hope there's more to come!

Thanks bud! Ask and ye shall receive. Click on the links (two pages) and save the files to your PC. They are high quality images and should print well. Enjoy. If it doesn't work, email me and I'll attach them back at ya.

www.orsino.lfhost.com/Extra Files/Remembering Linda1.GIF

www.orsino.lfhost.com/Extra Files/Remembering Linda2.GIF

• Members

Whoops! The link scrolled back past whilst I wasn't paying attention - I didn't see that you were back up and running.

*Starts downloading with dial-up modem*

*Time passes*

*More time passes*

*Snow falls, children build snowmen, snowmen melt, children grow up and have children of their own who make snowmen*

Wow, man, great stuff! Thanks for posting the tab, too (and thanks ollalome for thinking of asking)! It's sort of amazing, really, that we live in a time where it's that easy for me to watch you play...

I think my favorite part of the videos is that they're so simple, visually (although it's true that now you're going to have to set up a full video studio in your house - I bet LB would be a a dancer for your next video). It's so intimate and honest - a guy playing for his buddies. That takes guts, man; more, I think, than putting together a polished studio recording.

But what do I know? I loved the videos; totally worth the download time! Keep 'em coming!

• Members

cstime,

well it's a little known fact that LB is pretty light on his feet. He used to be quite a "moonwalker".;):cool:

Thanks for the comments man. You have hit the nail on the head. The internet, when used correctly, opens up a whole new way to share, swap tunes, and most importantly, make new friends with like interests.

Sorry for the slow load. Like everything else technologically in the last 20 years, this kind of technology will be inexpensive, universal, and used by all in very short order (I hope). I remember my first Texas Instruments calculator in 1974. $175 and had less functions than a $5 wristwatch w/ calculator now. OK, now I'm demonstrating my old fogyness.

Glad you enjoyed!

Archived