WTF!!! EMG-HZ Added Photo and details of Wiring.

22antonio22

• Members

I have searched and exhausted all other options but to ask my question here.I bought a pair of EMG-HZ's.They have Gold lettering and i was told they were H4's.The H4's have Silver lettering.H4A have gold lettering.The quick connecter has #1 pin Black #2 yellow,#3 Bare Ground,#4white  and #5 red.Every wiring diagram has shown the connecter like this,#1 red,#2 black,#3 white#4 Green and #5 Bare Ground. I also found a photo of an active pickup  connecter it was exactly the same as mine..I understand the,North start,north finish,south finish,south start on the pickups,i am just confused about the wirings colors.If i used the connecter and just wire to the start and finish of the north an south then would'nt i t look like this...#1....Red(HOT) Noth start,#2.white, north finish(soldier to yellow),#3. Bare wire Ground with Black ,#4.yellow south finish (soldier together with #2 white)#5. Black(soldier with Bare ground.)

Sorry if i have made this sound complicated but all i need to do is flip the connecter over and thats what the wiring should be if i have read everything i've seen in the past 4 days.LOL.....One last thing,is it possible that this could be active pickups??How could i tell passive from active?

Thanks to anyone out there who can read my babbling description of my problem and thanks in advance for anyhelp....

Antonio22

emg-hz-h4-h4a-active-has yellow wirecropped.jpg

This looks like the same exact pickups i have,notice the yellow wire and the damn battery..I rewired them last nite,I had some success,Has no buzzing or fuzz noise.Both PUP's work but the Neck PU is rediculously loud an a litttle distorted.When i tap it with a small screw driver it sounds totally different than the Bridge PU this could be a burnt  Capciter (i burnt it out myself.) on the bridge side,Tone pot does'nt do a thing... The wiring was like this for the Bridge PU..#1::.Red went to Volume pot,  #2:::Black went to volume pot Ground and the#3:::: Bare went to Volume pot Ground. The Yellow and White were connected together,Soldier insulated but not hook to anything.Did the very same with the Neck PU. After seeing the photo and hearing my ranting about the problems,Could these be Active PU's?????Is there a way to test.I am an absolute newbie to EMG pickups,if i would of done my homework,i would of known that these are made for a soldierless installation with all the quick connectors.Never but them again unless i get everything,the Volume an tone pots,all wiring and buss's. Hope someone recognizes the PU's in the photo,Any little bit of help  would be appreciated....Even a theory,especially about the yellow wire instead of a Green wire.

Thanks

Antonio22

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks to all for viewing,unfortunately no one could help. I think i have it solved now.I am playing the Guitar and it sound really good. I studied the "Passive" and "Active" wiring diagrams very carefully.With the understanding of the North/South leads from the P.U. i drew my own wiring diagram and its working fine.The only thing i made a boo-boo on was putting the bridge P.U. in the neck position an vice-virsa with the neck P.U...  I may need to put the .047 Capaciters in to,i left the stock one in and don't know what value they have. I plan on posting the wiring diagram as soon as i rewrite it and make it readable for everyone.I have no problem reading my own scribling.lol.Its very very close to the one posted with a few minor changes. Again thanks for looking into this.I'm sure if someone had the answer it would of been posted.

Antonio22lp\_2pkup may work for redo.jpg

Archived