Unaccompanied electric guitar?

jds22

• Members

I would like to learn some solo pieces for electric guitar. I took classical a few years ago for this very reason. Now I have about 10 classical pieces I can play but what about songs for electric. What are my options? Would I have to look mainly at jazz? Any tips or songs would be great. Easy to intermediate to start with please.

Thanks,

Jerry

Check out some of Ben Monder's music. He writes very unique pieces for guitar that really utilize the range of the electric guitar. He's done a lot of jazz playing, but his music isn't really jazz per se; it's more of a fusion of jazz with modern 20th century classical.

Here are some of his solo guitar pieces from his albums:

Flux album:

- Red Shifts

- Orbits

- Propane Dream

Dust album:

- In Memoriam

Excavation album:

- Mistral

- Window Paine

He has a new album coming out soon that will probably have one or two more solo pieces.

The music currently isn't published, although I am working with him to have a book published either through Mel Bay or directly through his website hopefully before summer.

Although before I recieved some of his charts to his music, I transcribed 'Orbits' and 'In Memoriam.' Granted that's a lot of difficult work, but it's a great workout for the ear...

• Members

Originally posted by Poparad

Check out some of Ben Monder's music. He writes very unique pieces for guitar that really utilize the range of the electric guitar. He's done a lot of jazz playing, but his music isn't really jazz per se; it's more of a fusion of jazz with modern 20th century classical.

Here are some of his solo guitar pieces from his albums:

Flux album:

- Red Shifts

- Orbits

- Propane Dream

Dust album:

- In Memoriam

Excavation album:

- Mistral

- Window Paine

He has a new album coming out soon that will probably have one or two more solo pieces.

The music currently isn't published, although I am working with him to have a book published either through Mel Bay or directly through his website hopefully before summer.

Although before I recieved some of his charts to his music, I transcribed 'Orbits' and 'In Memoriam.' Granted that's a lot of difficult work, but it's a great workout for the ear...

another vote for ben monder!

poparad, make sure you keep us posted on your monder book!

also, i have had success arranging stevie wonder tunes for solo guitar. some hendrix tunes work, too.

peace

Archived