Any verdicts on the Rocktron Xpression?

• Members

Originally posted by Jonas831

Hello,

I'm looking for a midi multi-fx device. What do you guys think of the Rocktron Xpression, and is the G-Major still a recommended buy in this field? It's been a couple of years since I've looked into everything.

I have been keeping an eye out on the Xpression, but I have not heard it, or heard from anyone who has played it. I have been considering the Xpression of the G Major, myself. Right now, I think that I am leaning a little towards the G Major since you can get it used for only about $50.00 more than the Xpression is new--at least here in the States, you can.

Mike

• Members

I bought one sounds real good. Does what it says it does quite well. Probally better than any pedal. Fantastic @ $280.00.

The pitch shift is probally the effect I least like. It's better as sort of a salt and pepper effect. (just add a little)

The rest of the effects are very usable and quite good in my opinion.

The only problem for me is creating patches. It seams to be much harder than turning the knobs on a pedal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Something else to keep in mind as you compare costs is that the G-major includes a very good tuner ... which saves the space and cost of a separate tuner. Unless I'm mistaken, the Xpression does not have a tuner or the ability to switch amp functions if that is also something you might find useful.

Archived