Good rack cases?

• Members

Its pretty hard to go wrong when buying a rack case, just as long as you dont go for one that looks too cheap, and make sure its going to be deep enough to hold your rack stuff.. I would say any Gator or SKB case would be good. I bought a 6U Gator rack for $99 and its a great rack.

• Members

For home use or minor amount of gigging/travel get an SKB, if you are going to be doing allot of moving of the gear consider a heavy duty rack. It may cost you more now, but it can save your whole rig! R&R CASE in Des Plaines, Illinois is the best case/rack going. That position was held by Kris Kraft, but they sold and the new owners aren't making them exactly the same. Also consider shock mount, remember when you get to 6 spaces or more of gear it can get heavy, I have seen more than a few SKB/Gator racks with the rails torn off, and gear bent and broken.

TheGrooveking

• Members

I agree with grooveking. If you are at home and just want to hold stuff in place anything will work. If you are gigging locally I would reccoment a gator or SKB roto roller racks, the kind with built-in dollys. If you are bigtime and have roadies (which I do not), get one that is shock mounted. I made the mistake of over racking. My eight space shock mount weighs almost eighty pounds! A back breaker when packed with a power conditioner, preamp, effects and a 2U power amp. With my 6-space SKB roto-roller, I can fit it and a 4X12 in the back of my car with room to spare for a couple guitars and a box of cables and whatever.

Archived