No mo' toys! I've ordered the real deal...

hjcooper

• Members

Christmas is going to be sweet this year. My preamps will be up on Ebay soon. I can't play much of anything yet but I'm going to have TONE. Thanks to a great wife!

Ordered an Egnater M4. :love: Modules are Twin/Deluxe, COD, SL2, and EG5. ETA is two weeks and counting...

I think that should hold me over for a while. ;) Might need a couple more modules down the line. I know it's premature considering my beginner status and the fact that I'm just a bedroom player, but great tone is just INSPIRING. (No, I don't believe tone is in the fingers. Tone is in the gear - style and technique and music is in the fingers)

• Members

Christmas is going to be sweet this year. My preamps will be up on Ebay soon. I can't play much of anything yet but I'm going to have TONE. Thanks to a great wife!

Ordered an Egnater M4.
:love:
Modules are Twin/Deluxe, COD, SL2, and EG5. ETA is two weeks and counting...

I think that should hold me over for a while.
;)
Might need a couple more modules down the line. I know it's premature considering my beginner status and the fact that I'm just a bedroom player, but great tone is just INSPIRING. (No, I don't believe tone is in the fingers. Tone is in the gear - style and technique and music is in the fingers)

Congrats on the Eggie!:thu: Be prepared--you'll become a junkie of the modular tube systems. In time, you'll find out where most of your tone really comes from, even if you are still using the M4.

Scott

• Members

Congrats on the Egnater...

I've tried hundreds of amps/preamps over the years and the Egnater has ended my tone search.

I haven't bought a new preamp or amp because of a missing 'need' since my first M4...

I've got all of the Randall modules and two M4's and have zero interest in anything else...

P1010015.JPG

• Members

I've tried hundreds of amps/preamps over the years and the Egnater has ended my tone search.

I haven't bought a new preamp or amp because of a missing 'need' since my first M4...

I've got all of the Randall modules and two M4's and have zero interest in anything else...

P1010015.JPG

that's a nice rig!! how come i never saw that in the "post your racks" thread?

• Members

...I've got all of the Randall modules and two M4's and have zero interest in anything else...

Wow, hope I'll be happy with just one M4! Time will tell

• Members

EG5 is channel 3/4 of TOL amp.

Your going to love the SL2.

The EG5 is the newest module and it's basically the "New and Improved" version of the MHG (Modern Hi Gain) module. The EG3/4 is another module.

I think I'm going to love ALL the modules :love:

• Members

I've probably posted in the 'post your racks' section before, this is the way my rig was laid out...

http://www.americanhc.us/rack.jpg

or then a more recent one was this:

http://www.americanhc.us/rack2.jpg

I then did a few gigs that I didn't want to drag out my big rack to, so I pulled the GSP1101, tuner and wireless out and put it in a 4 space rack; used it with my Mesa 20/20 and that was my rig...

Since I've changed bands, my tones are changing a little, so I decided to pull everything out of my rack and start from scratch.

I wanted the second M4 to use with all of my Randall modules, but one M4 is all you really need from a practical standpoint. It'll be the one piece of gear I never get rid of.

• Members

It must be modern models of Egnater. What are they like, compared to the Randall M4?

This will be your best xmas ever then.

I've always wanted to try one of those Piranhas, that's the one preamp I haven't had a chance to sit down wit.

The Rockmaster isn't bad...

For me it's vice versa: I have two Piranhas and no Peavey. So I'm thinking of getting it one day.

• Members

It must be modern models of Egnater. What are they like, compared to the Randall M4?

From what I've read, the Randall modules are a little brighter and bit more gainy (don't have to turn as high relative to Egnater to get same distortion level). Each module is a single channel. The Randall is supposedly for the more br00talzz crew. Made in Asia with common components so cheaper.

The Egnater modules are each 2-channel. Voiced a tad warmer as compared to Randall. Supposed to have a bit better overall tone. Made in USA with top-notch components.

The Egnater 2-channel modules will work in the Randall RM4 but only the first channel - you lose the second.

For those that don't know, the Randall was designed by Bruce Egnater.

I think the EG5 and MHG are originally based on Soldano

Archived