G Major Volume Drop!!!

pjrake

• Members

for some reason i cannot get some good headroom with the g major and my DR clean channel. when i A/B the clean channel (dry) with the clean channel (g major) there's a noticeable drop in volume with the g major.

my effect loop is mod to serial loop so the signal goes right through the g major (no need to mess around w/ the knobs in the back). the input on the g major is fine, i can get that without clipping... however, the output level of the g major is to the max (which i'm not too crazy about).

one final thing, i have a barber tone press compressor running in front only on the clean channel and unless i put the volume knob of the comp to the max i cannot "match" the volume with the clean channel dry.

i can simply raise the master volume but when i kick the distortion (channel 2) the volume level is not even!

has anyone went through something similar and has some advice? i've heard about the "dry kill" feature but i think that's for amp with parallel loop, i believe. anyway, thanks all for your help!

• Members

is it normal to have the output knob all the way up to the max? there's no digital clipping but i'm always wary of having any knobs maxed out (anything past 3 o'clock and i start to worry).

the manual states that the output "could be close to anything you will have to experiment" so i guess it's okay, but would like more insight to this. thanks!

Archived