Furman power conditioner help

• Members

I have used a Furman AR-1215 voltage regulator/power conditioner with my Triaxis for the past several years.

I decided that the power conditioning plus voltage regulation would be worthy of the extra cost since at the time I was using a Strategy 500 with 16 tubes and an Eventide GTR4000 in my rig. I was thinking the consistant voltage would keep my sound consistant as well.

I have never questioned the use of the unit in my rig, until today while browsing the Furman site, I ran across this video.

http://furmansound.com/product.php?div=01&id=AR-1215

(Click on the Multimedia tab.)

Apparently, the AR-1215 was designed for live use only and is considered too noisy for noise critical applications. Apparently it can induce "mechanical hum" into other units.

Could THIS of all things be the noise problem that I have had for the past several years? I don't think that I have EVER used my Triaxis without it being plugged into the AR-1215...

Thoughts, comments, suggestions... help?!

• Members

My AR-1215 hums, you can feel it too if you put your hand on it, but it doesn't cause any audio hum in my equip. I believe the ar-15 II or something like that doesn't have that mechanical hum, and is suited for "quiet" environments, or if you don't want to hear it while you're not playing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My AR-1215 hums, you can feel it too if you put your hand on it, but it doesn't cause any audio hum in my equip. I believe the ar-15 II or something like that doesn't have that mechanical hum, and is suited for "quiet" environments, or if you don't want to hear it while you're not playing.

Thanks for the reply. Any more details? Do you use the AR-1215 with higher gain sounds?

I have had noise problems with my equipment for a LONG time and have never successfully gotten any of it as quiet as I would like to do.

Archived