MIDI HELP NEEDED for Peavey TransFex pro 212s combo amp

• Members

Hi guys

I have a peavey tansfex pro 212s combo amp, basically a rack processor housed into a 2x12 combo. anyway, i had the chassis out cleaning it I noticed the battery is starting to leak and want to change it out soon before the processor starts forgetting presets on me. I want to save all my presets before I do the battery change over and was wondering what is the best way to save all my presets.

There's a midi-out on the back of the amp, I have a sound blaster audigy card that is midi capable thru the joystick port. is there some kind of software I need that will let me dump my presets over to the computer? Has anyone tried this?

• Members

Do you have the manual for the Transfex? If not it may be downloadable from Peavey's website, they're pretty good on that front.

If the Midi implementation says it supports Sysex then you should be able to dump all the presets as a whole to a Midi filer and reload them later as I understand it. I've never done it so I can't help you with the mechanics of doing that in terms of what software you'd need but there may be some FAQ section or other help on the Peavey website regarding this.

Good luck with it.

Archived