New to Rack Gear need some help!!!

• Members

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to rack gear but i have recently purchased a few things that i've tried out at local guitar shops (guitar center, sam ash etc...) I bought a 4 space rack with these effects or hardware: Power Conditioner, Rocktron Hush Super C, BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer. I have one more space left. I was thinking possibly adding an equalizer. Now everyone I talk to says they're really not that important is this true? If so, could someone please enlighten me with rack units that are definitely worth getting? I play rhythm guitar in a hard rock /progressive metal band using a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG's through a Peavey Triple XXX Head then running that through a cab with 2 celestion V30's and 2 G12K75's. I will not need actual effects (delay reverb etc). I just need a little better sound. Thanks for your help

• Members

I am new to rack gear myself but I am learning as I go. I added an EQ to my rack and have been thrilled with it. I got an ART 343 dual 15 band EQ for $60 from eBay and haven't regretted it at all. I like having the ability to further shape my sound beyond the standard preamp/amp controls. The expanded adjustable frequecies really lets you sculpt your sound beyond just low, mid and high knobs of an amp. I find that I sometimes do more adjusting to the EQ than the amp itself. EQ is powerfull and can have a huge impact on your sound.

Archived