I need help!!

• Members

Alright, don't get funny!! Not THAT kind of help!:facepalm:

Unfortunately this is gonna be a long one (sorry!!!). And if I've posted this in the wrong place, moderator, please move!!

Here's the deal, I need to upgrade cuz what I've got ain't cutting it! Here's what my band is:

5 piece cover band...

Female vocal - wireless (Shure)

Male lead/main guitar - wireless (Shure) with vocal

Male Bass - wireless (Shure) with vocal

Male Keys/2nd Guitar wireless (Shure) with vocal

Drums (me) with vocals - wireless (Shure) yes, I'm responsible for the PA as it is "my band".

Here's what's going on:

50' 16 X 8 Snake

Yamaha EMX5014C board

Inputs = the following:

Female vocalist wireless unit @ board direct (no snake)

XLR Bass Rig direct + xlr vocals both through snake

XLR Keys through snake jumped to 1/4 into board (input 11/12)

XLR 2nd Guit (mic'd amp) + xlr vocals both through snake

XLR main Guit (mic'd amp) + xlr vocals both through snake

Drum vocals wireless at board direct through Rolls box w/ Main Guit vocals into one input on board

XLR Bass Drum mic through snake

Board inputs @ 1=female vox, 2=bass vox, 3=keys vox, 4=main guit & drums vox, 5=bass drum (1 - 5 compressed through on-board compression), 6=direct bass, 7/8=mic'd guit 1, 9/10=mic'd guit 2, 11/12=Keys (unbalanced), 13/14 (unbalanced) SPD/S & MP3. No other gates/limiters/compressors rack sound enhancement used other than the onboard stuff on the mixer.

Power & speakers are as follows:

Mains = 2 Carvin TRS-1503 being driven by the EMX 5014C directly off the main out amps - Channel 1 & 2 - 2 50' speaker cable run parallel to the snake.

Subs = 2 Carvin TRS1801 daisy-chained being driven by the "sub" out patch on the board through a Crown XLS-602 Bridged mono amp located on-stage (racked) utlizing the onboard crossover of the sub cab.

Monitors=two 8 ohm/15" Eminence with horn monitors daisy-chained driven by the Aux 1 feed off the board through a Crown XLS-402 bridged mono amp located on stage (racked).

Aux 2 output feeds drummers Rolls IEM amp.

Although it sound pretty good, we currently are overtaxing our system - especially our board, having to piggy back vocals and limit our drum inputs. Here's what we propose to change to...

Yamaha MG166CX board with effects (compression!!) so we can split drummer & guit 1 vox and add addtl drum inputs.

QSC GX5 amp on-stage (with the other 2) bridged to drive the (newly) daisy-chained TRS-1503 mains.

Now that that's out, FINALLY, here's the question about "rack" gear!! We want to have a rack mounted DSP/PA management system above and beyond the on-board stuff on the MG166CX and we're thinking DBX Driverack PA+ or the Behringer DCX Ultradrive as a processor to run the cross-over from the board through so we get true sub and main frequencies AND possibly have some processing on the monitors (can we do this - especially through the DRPA+ 2 X 6 config?). Unfortunately money IS AN OBJECT and we are on a LIMITED budget. ANY REASONABLE SUGGESTIONS???

Again, sorry for the long post. :facepalm: Any help/suggestions would be MOST gratefully appreciated!!

Stix

• Members

Just goes to show how us knuckle dragging drummers think... I see "monster rack" and I think - PA Rack not even considering guitar or bass rig. Go figure. Hey, it could be worse, I could have thought "drum rack" i.e. Pearl Icon or Gibraltar! :) Moderator, if you read this, please move to appropriate forum, thank you!

And thanks JPaul for the heads-up.

Stix

Archived