Help with LED's and DMX foot controller

rgb

• Members

I know just enough about this stuff to know that what I have is very limited, but I wondered if anyone could suggest possible ways to use an Elation FC-400 4 channel DMX foot controller and 8 - 3/6 channel Colorkey Par 64 LED's?

I'm having trouble understanding DMX addressing and the channel assignments.

I've done some searching on my own, but haven't quite found what I need.

Sure would appreciate any suggestions....other than getting better stuff, as that isn't an option right now. :)

• Members

Ok, then I guess I'm getting everything out of it that I can.

It runs the programs just fine and I was able to program the scenes, so it's working quite well actually. I have all of the lights set to slave mode, (which doesn't really make sense to me), but it works well, if a bit limited in that all of the lights are doing the same thing. The only thing I notice is a bit of fluttering in some color mixes, but from what I've read maybe a terminator will help that?

I was just wondering if there were more options available.

Thanks for your help!

• Members

Quick update: It appears that using slave mode was the reason for the fluttering. I simply assigned channels 1 and 2 to every other light in 6ch DMX mode and now it works fine with no fluttering.

Again, still a bit limited, (we want to keep it simple anyway), but the next thing to try will be hooking up a midi controller to see if I can pull up specific scenes without having to scroll through them.

Archived