Fender Passport 500?

• Members

Hey folks, I just sold most of my sound system save for a Yorkville Elite LS700P powered sub (trying to scale down). Now I'm trying to find the simplest rig I can to ad to it. Was thinking about buying a Fender Passport 500-was thinking that I could send the speaker level signal from the passports power amp into the powered sub, and then send it from the sub to the 2 passport system speakers. Using the crossover in the sub, I could cut down on the amount of low end coming out of the tops thus making more use of the passport's power amp and sending most of the lows out through the sub. I intend to be using this rig as a one man band, using backing tracks, a vocal mic and a midsize guitar amp mic, for crowds probably no bigger than 250 people, mostly country rock/classic rock, so I was thinking that I'd probably have lots of channels and lots of power in a setup like this, but I'm still unsure, what do you folks think? I'd appreciate your thoughts people...thanx a lot

• Members

If you're sending the full range signal through the Passport before it hits the sub, it sounds like the only thing you're taking the lows out of is the speakers, not the amp. It might make the speakers handle their load better, but it doesn't sound to me like it gives the amp a break at all.

Archived