X32 android app vs X32 apple app

• Members

Yesterday at morning my brand newy X32 arrived to my house, my brother went to the USA to attend some business that he has over there and I gave him all the info regarding where to get it, price and the money; now I have it over here with the rest of my gear, it looks nice; before I managed to get the x32 I was really interested toward the Mackie Dl1608, I even bought an iPad mini lighting something and that was the first item that came first before I changed my mind toward the X32, however, a very simple task over the iPad regarding such as getting my apple Id wasn't very pleasure at all, I'm not starting to talk wrong or bad against apple, neither bashing them, but I really couldn't get the master fader demo to download over the iPad, they were always asking me for my credit card info, and if I didn't inserted the info over them? Some simple won't allow to download anything from Their app market even the demo wich it says free to download, after getting the info of my credit card to them, they were requesting me the zip code over here, we don't really use a zip code in my country, so I managed to find how to insert that info, and nothing happened with the iPad, it only kicked me out of the process to get a simple id, so I caked apple care, explain the situation, and their response was that since the beginning of os7 apple changed their policy regarding to get an ID and the only way to get it was to complete all the info that they request and of course the credit card info even if I didn't really care to buy some of their apps, I just bought the iPad for the master fader and the mackie, so I got no luck with them, the poor girl over apple care payed all the consequences cause I got really angry trying to explain my situation over her, so I returned that iPad and got my refund; that leads me to get the x32 to get my Android tab, download the mixing station over my tab and I was really happy to know that I can control the console with my tab 2 and s3, however? After a phone call to one of my closest coleggue to ask him some questions regarding the X32 (he got one 8 months ago) I told him my history over the iPad and he said that the apple app is better than the Android app, I can understand that, because the Android app is not from Behringer by it self, and is from a user that wanted to make an android app, altought, I've made some readings regarding that issue right now, and I'm was wondering if it is true or not? If the apple is better or not?

Does any one over here use the x32 with the Android app? How is it? I'm starting to read the manual, it looks easy, however its a learning curve and process to step from analog to digital, and I really have to know the functions and all the things, they don't use subgroups, just busses, and so on....

Wish me luck with my new toy....

• Members

I use the Android App all the time with my X32 Compact. It allows you to create your own custom layers, and he's currently programming the ability to have additional DCA's from the app. The RTA from version 2.04 is also fully functional (not yet on Apple Ipad). I find moving through channel and mixbus config's easier than Ipad app. During sound check I can easy go to each channel's config, and move from setting gain to gate, EQ, dynamics, and monitors sends, rather than having to go through different tabs. I like that when EQing monitors, the main fader for the monitor send is right there next to the EQ, so if something goes wrong you can easily pull down fader. There may still be some functionality missing, but they are not items I use.

The developer is very responsive and is an active participant on the X32 boards. He does it for donations.

• Members

There are pluses and minuses to both apps IMHO. I have used both.

First, neither app is particularly friendly for setting up an X32. For that, the X32 Edit PC application is much better. Typing scribble strips on a keyboard, and having the sends on fader setup of the PC app makes setup a breeze on the PC application. You can then either save the scene on the X32, or save the scene on the PC and copy the scene file to a USB drive and import it onto the X32.

The iPad app has a very nice mini meter bridge across the top. Every bus and input can be monitored at a glance. The issue I have with the iPad app is that it doesn't have the v2 RTA readouts, and it doesn't allow a custom fader layer. You can do more with the iPad app than on the Android app, but mostly, I don't do the extra things on the tablet anyway (I use the PC for fancy editing and setup). The iPad app also shows the channel icons in addition to the channel text while the Android app shows only the text.

The Android app is more than enough to get you through the night. In fact, it is more complete than the iPad apps for the Qu-16 and Expression Si.

I use the iPad, but not because of any of these reasons. I use the iPad Mini because I have a mic stand that fits the iPad Mini so I can have it held in front of me to mix from stage when I perform. That is the single biggest reason I use it over the Android app.

I also had issues setting up my iPad (nothing to do with the X32 Mix application). What a pain.

Apple = Evil ;)

• Members

Thanks for the replys, I'm still learning it, however? I'm gonna try to use it with my tab 2, I really don't want to mess again with an iPad, but? I'm curious regarding the app, but for the moment I've stick with the Android app to see how it goes, the subgroups are vanished the aux too, so it's a little process to fully understand how to operate an x32, but I'll managed

Archived