Have you ever heard of a Yamaha P300?

• Members

I just saw this for sale at the largest Danish trade place on the web - www.dba.dk - where someone nearby is selling a Yamaha P-300 saying that it's better than a P200 and a P250...I've heard of P60, P80, P90, P100, P120, P150 and the above mentioned - but never this one...is it true what he says..?

33428253_0.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Rasmus-DK

I just saw this for sale at the largest Danish trade place on the web -
www.dba.dk
- where someone nearby is selling a Yamaha P-300 saying that it's better than a P200 and a P250...I've heard of P60, P80, P90, P100, P120, P150 and the above mentioned - but never this one...is it true what he says..?

33428253_0.jpg

Yeah I played one a long time ago, before the P200 was out, I was not impressed to tell you the truth... I believe its the piano sound on Jamiroquais Virtual Insanity though...

No comparison to newer Yamaha products...

• Members

To put it more into perspective I also played a Roland FP8 the same day I played the P300... I preferred the Roland.

A few years later I played a P200 and I was blown away.. I could not stop thinking about it for weeks... It just seemed to react to every nuance of my touch... although when I heard the mp3 demos on the internet at the time they sounded artificial and obviously sampled...

I'd love to play a P200 again and compare with the P120, P250 and even the P80

• Members

The P-300 came out around 1995. At the time it was state of the art......had the best Wurlie sound (A-120/140 models, not the 200 series) out there. Also had strings, organ, harpsicord, etc. I thought the regular piano sounds were good too. The P-300 is pretty heavy, around 90 pounds...but built tough to last. They sold at the time for around $2500 street price.

• Members

Some Specifications:

*88 Fully Weighted keys(not graded) with touch response.

*32 note polyphony

*It has 4 acoustic pianos and 5 electric pianos, a Clavi, and a Cltone(which is a Clavinova tone, im not really sure what it is.)

*AWM2 Stereo Sampling

*5 band equalizer

Those are some major features. It is EXTREMELY heavy, precisely 83 lbs, 11 oz.

Regards,

p120dUdE

• Members

We honestly get calls all the time for P300's which are no longer made. Very popular in Nashville.

I bought a P-300 in '95 and used it for gigging, rock and blues, but it was just too heavy. I picked up a lighter Roland EP-7, not nearly the quality of piano (and not nearly the price of the P-300) but at just 27 pounds it fills the bill and sounds OK. I have the P-300 in my music room for practice.....sounds good to me and I love to play it.

• Members

I almost bought one back in '94. I didn't because it's impossible for one person to move...they're not only heavy, but go deeper under the keys than usual. You can't get your arms around one. The acoustic piano was the best you could get at the time...unless you wanted to go for the $12,000 Yamaha P-500. The EP's sound horribly '80's...just the thing if you find yourself doing a lot of Whitney Houston :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Mike Martin

We honestly get calls all the time for P300's which are no longer made. Very popular in Nashville.

Is THAT where the other piano sound in the P-250 comes from? :)

That Cltone is probably close to or the same as the Synth Piano sound that you'll find in the P-120 and P-250 (and I presume the P-90) that is the variation of/in the catagory with the DX-7 electric piano.

Kiru

Archived