got my first Moog today!!!

• Members

Well my vintage Minimoog #2301 finally arrived today and I haven't stopped playing it. I was at work when it arrived. I brought an amp so I could plug n play(have my own business) The sounds are familiar, but different. Now I understand what all the hype is about. This is the most important synth ever. The sounds are replicated, but unmatched. This one has some sweet spots. I think my other synths are gonna be jealous for awhile. :eek:

• Members

Yes, my best wishes to you also and good luck...but it doesn't seem like you need much luck because you have gobs of money to be able to afford all of that equipment you have.

I'm just lucky to have an internet connection, though I have to give up food to keep it, but who needs that? :D

• Members

Originally posted by InsideLookinOut

The most fun part about the mini is recording each part, tweaking a bit and layering it!

No way! The most fun part about a Minimoog is gigging with it, and trying to keep it in tune all the way through a song. I used to gig with one, and I'd connect a strobe tuner to the headphone jack. If a song called for the Mini, I'd quickly tune it between songs, then hope the air conditioning or heat in the building wouldn't kick on, because the three oscillators would all drift... :eek:

...but the danged thing still sounded AWESOME! :thu:

• Members

I don't plan on gigging with mine. It sits in my studio. The PEK I got for free. Well , when my Andromeda arrived it had some minor damage on the endbell from UPS. I got a $2000 check and bought the PEK. I've other gear to aquire some of it. I one had a Nordlead 2 and a V-synth. Both are great. I don't regret selling them. I would possibly get something similar if they make it without the va and fully realize the sound mangling. I can kinda do some of those things with The Kurzweil.

• Members

You should be able to gig with a Mini just fine. Tuning is about the instrument being in good shape and updated. Unfortunately, most instruments of this type have gone 10, 20, 30 years with no maintenance whatsoever. Most analog instruments have issues because owners either do not have the resources or desire to bring them up to spec. It isn't cheap, but reflect that you may be playing catch for all that time. Minis (and just about any analog instrument) can be made to tune reliably. The results will surprise you.

Wes Taggart

Analogics

http://www.analogics.org/

Archived