Juno-60 Loading presets problem ?

LePera

• Members

Hi,Picked up a Juno-60 last week and after several tries at various volumes loaded the factory presets.I forgot to set the memory protect switch to on and most of the presets disappeared.Now after many many tries I can;t load the factory presets again.It will save 1 patch at a time with no problem.

If the memory battery is weak would it prevent loading of the presets?Should it at least load?Even if it won't save after powering off.

The battery is showing 3.25 volts.Not sure what voltage should be.I think its around 5-5.5 volts but guessing.

Since the synth hasn't been used in awhile before I purchased I'm think the battery may be weaker now than it was last week when I purchased due to usage and may not load because of a weak battery.I've ordered a battery,waiting for delivery.Thanks for any tips etc.JD

• Members

Just read in the battery thread the battery voltage is 3 volts.Maybe the battery has been replaced before or the orginal is holding up.Do I have a problem with a chip or something else besides the battery as far as loading presets??JD

• Members

Restoring presets has always been, IMO, spotty.

I usually start with a pair of headphones, so I can hear what's going on. Should sound like an old fashioned FAX line.

After that, it's usually just hit and miss, trail and error. I play with the volume, as for some reason they are sensitive to that.

What would be really cool would be a piece of software that reads the audio and converts it to an editor in GUI.

Try different audio files too. Where did you get yours ? Off the net ? I remember restoring a Poly 800, and I had several files, ONE of which worked. The duration of silence at the beginning and end is really important too, IIRC.

• Members

I wonder if recording preset sounds to tape would somehow help it load.Dirty up the sound a bit.Maybe it would read tones better and load?Guess loading orginal presets is a common problem with the Juno-60.

I've be saving my own patches to it for several days now and memory is working fine.Really only need a dozen factory presets as a starting point anyway.Just wanted to hear them.I've programed some in one at a time.JD

Archived