My Ultranova died!

Suilebhain

• Members

Yesterday I plugged in my Ultranova and it would not power up. Something was going on because I had headphones on and when I switched it on I heard a click and a small amount of hum but the display did not light up.

I tried another 12V +tip power supply to make sure it was not the power supply but got nothing.

I tried hooking it up using USB. Nothing.

I tried a different outlet. Nothing.

Does the Ultranova have a battery in it that may have failed, like a CR 2032 or something?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

Suilebhain wrote:

Yesterday I plugged in my Ultranova and it would not power up. Something was going on because I had headphones on and when I switched it on I heard a click and a small amount of hum but the display did not light up.

I tried another 12V +tip power supply to make sure it was not the power supply but got nothing.

I tried hooking it up using USB. Nothing.

I tried a different outlet. Nothing.

Does the Ultranova have a battery in it that may have failed, like a CR 2032 or something?

Thanks in advance.

I would be stunned if they used tech that needed a battery in such a recent product.... Flash is cheap enough to make those issues of the past...

Call Product Support, it could be a lock up...

Also don't try any alternative power suplies unless you know they are matched, polarity and dc or ac and other hybrib output differences could be the thing that finally kills it...

• Members

It was a match (12V DC, +tip, 500 instead of 300 mA), but yeah, bad move in most cases.

I already contacted Novation and received a robot email that at least recognized that I was talking about an Ultranova. All the things it propsed for me to do with it required the unit to actually be powered up. That is how I figured out the sender was a robot.

Archived