PA speaker buzzing

• Members

I have two Behringer P2520 PA speakers. In one of the drivers/horns, there is a buzzing sound coming from it, and I'm trying to find the best way to fix this problem. The driver is brand new, as are the cable running from the back of the mixer (Behringer Europower). I'm pretty sure it's within the wiring inside of the cabinet, but I'd like to hear any feedback on if there's anything else I can do to remedy this. There isn't a service center located near me, and they are no longer covered under warranty. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• CMS Author

If you haven't already done so, switch cables between the two speakers to be sure that it's the speaker that's buzzing and not what you're sending it.

Generally a buzzing sound from a speaker suggests a blown driver, but if you think that it's something rattling inside the cabinet you'll have to figure out how to take it apart so you can look inside. Usually the way you get into a speaker cabinet is by taking the woofer out.

• Members

Tried a few more things...the speaker cables were switched (no change), the drivers were switched (no change), so I'm thinking that it has to do with the wiring inside of the cabinet. My guitarist and bass player are going to give me a hand with that aspect and see if we can't figure out what's wrong.

• Moderators

CircuitRot wrote:

Tried a few more things...the speaker cables were switched (no change), the drivers were switched (no change), so I'm thinking that it has to do with the wiring inside of the cabinet. My guitarist and bass player are going to give me a hand with that aspect and see if we can't figure out what's wrong.

Isn't that a powered speaker?  And by buzz do you mean a constant buzzing when there's no music playing through it?

Terry D.

Archived