Taking Time From Their Crime

rickidoo

• Members

Great, great verses. The first three lines are concise, yet delivered with flair. I'm not sure about the phrasing of line #4 in either of the first two stanzas. In the second verse, you seemed more comfortable with the flow, and it showed.

headache head

How about "aching head"?

On the second

who they are

why they

• Members

Rick I listened to this song and instantly formed an opinion, but didn't write a response.

I've come back now after a couple of hours and given it a 2nd listen, and I'm even more convinced.

I'm hearing a good lyrical idea (that could be improved a little here and there)

And I'm hearing a nice piece of musical backing and good vocal melody.

But I don't think the dating agency is doing a good job pairing up this somewhat disparate couple.

The music and vocal melody speaks to me of romance in fields with buttercups and butterflies, and a walk alongside a babbling brook with dappled sunlight falling on smiling faces. (OK - not that for a lyric, but that sort of positive vibe).

You have written images of sleazy old men tucking dollar bills into lapdancers' G-strings. The fears and the escapes of people who can't cope. Booze and diversion from the negative tedium (crime) that represents their lives.

Do you get my point? I think maybe you should separate this couple and write a new set of lyrics for this music, and some some different music for this lyric.

• Members

Great, great verses. The first three lines are concise, yet delivered with flair. I'm not sure about the phrasing of line #4 in either of the first two stanzas. In the second verse, you seemed more comfortable with the flow, and it showed.

How about "aching head"?

On the second

of each chorus, you pause, and I think it would sound great if you had a backing vox all response happen

Who they are... (who they are)

Why they're here... (why they're here)

I just want the chorus fleshed out a little more and I think that would be a nice touch.

Thanks Oswlek - LOVE the aching head idea. I will be adding that when I rerecord the vocals.

I added an echo.. cool!

Thanks!

• Members

Rick I listened to this song and instantly formed an opinion, but didn't write a response.

I've come back now after a couple of hours and given it a 2nd listen, and I'm even more convinced.

I'm hearing a good lyrical idea (that could be improved a little here and there)

And I'm hearing a nice piece of musical backing and good vocal melody.

But I don't think the dating agency is doing a good job pairing up this somewhat disparate couple.

The music and vocal melody speaks to me of romance in fields with buttercups and butterflies, and a walk alongside a babbling brook with dappled sunlight falling on smiling faces. (OK - not that for a lyric, but that sort of positive vibe).

You have written images of sleazy old men tucking dollar bills into lapdancers' G-strings. The fears and the escapes of people who can't cope. Booze and diversion from the negative tedium (crime) that represents their lives.

Do you get my point? I think maybe you should separate this couple and write a new set of lyrics for this music, and some some different music for this lyric.

OldGit - Thanks for the feedback. I'll give that some thought.

Not that I wrote this based on personal experience...

Archived