Yamaha/Roland Electric Drum Kit: !Manchester!

jimmytangosmeth

• Members

leccydrums.jpg

What you see here is mostly the makings of a

Yamaha DTXpress Electric Drum Kit-or otherwise triggering module-,

obviously its not the newest kit

available in the DTX leccy drum line but it does boast some decent kit

sounds and is ideal for those wanting to get into triggering and working

with MIDI junk. I bought it from a friend about a year ago and added it

to what id already bought. It is not a full kit as it is missing a hi hat

controller and the kick pad needs resoldering.

As for whats in the picture:

-All bars and fixtures for building the rack mount

-All Pad mounts and 2 boom arms to accomodate cymbals pads

-5 Yamaha TP60 drum pads

-2 Yamaha PCY65 cymbal pads

-1 Yamaha, i think its was called a KP55 kick pad-like i said its quick solder job-

Plus, Ive got a handful of bits that i wouldnt mind throwing in:

-A Roland TD-5 Drum Module, from what i understand it is a piece of leccy drum history if there is such a thing as it

pre dates the likes of the Td-6 and is no longer in production. It boasts 210 preset instruments and 32 user-editable preset patches

and is well suited for use with acoustic triggers.

-A Roland PD-6 Single Zone Drum Pad, not much to it really, would just make for a good addition to the kit.

-A DDrum Red-Shot Kick Trigger, handy if your interested in giving acoustic triggers a go.

-A Pole Kat-needs soldering-, I dont know too much about this, i got it when i bought the TD-5, ive had a look at it and it looks like

it could be sorted with a solder job, it looks like it has two different zone and can act almost like two additional pads so a plus if you

can get it working and im throwing it in for nowt.

Arguably the Yamaha module is better of the two modules but you may favour the roland TD-5 at first due to its simplicity, however after toying around with the Yamaha module for a bit, you can graduate from the TD-5 to the DTXpress and switch things up accordingly

Obviously its all been used but no real sort of heavy use is apparent. Theres just a few bits of cosmetic damage such as a little crack on the screen of the Yammy module, a few stick marks on the pads and a couple of blemishes on the rack bars. The stuff im selling is just a blend of stuff that i have accumulated when i was trying to find a cheaper way around purchasing a brand new leccy kit. So ive added bits such as the silver Gibraltar rack bar that is pictured and the Roland pad etc. Im selling it relatively cheap because for the money you'd be saving you could more than afford to address the problems such as soldering on the kick-I am having a word with my neighbour who owns a soldering iron to see if i can score a borrow, but im not sure whether he'll play ball- and purchasing a hi hat controller which you can pick up on eBay and does not necessarily have to be a branded name. For example this Millenium Hi Hat Controller(http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_hi_hat_controller.htm)is a bargain and really does the trick. All in all though it is very well suited if you want to add to your exisiting collection or want to get into leccy drums or otherwise triggering. Also i've dug out a few Roland acoustic tom triggers that were floating about that i might consider chucking in.

Im looking for around 150 for this as i want a quick sale but of course i'll take reasonable offers!!.....

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Archived