2007 David Webber Roundbody custom Claro/Engelmann 1 13/16 nut florentine cutaway

fitness1

• Members

SOLD

This is a 2007 Webber that I commissioned to my specs. The pictures will speak for themselves for the most part......Engelmann top that I requested to be towards the stiffer end of the spectrum, and David delivered. (The grain is so tight in the area around the bridge that you can't really make out the lines!) Claro back and sides that are to die for, Cocobolo bindings, full ab top, florentine cutaway, ebony headstock overlay, bridge and fingerboard.

1 13/16 nut, 2 1/4 saddle spacing (at the bridge pins....spreads over the saddle and plays at 2 5/16). There's also a K&K pure mini installed that sounds excellent with this body size and wood combination. Standard 25.6 scale.

Cosmetically there are two or three very minor marks on the top.....biggest being about 1mm by 3mm....shallow and not coming close to breaking the surface. If you get really in a bright light, you can see a couple of spots where one of the previous owners had a Pearse armrest installed. When I pulled it off, evidentally the glue had interacted with the finish.....NOT cloudy, NOT lifted, just kind of a minor bump in a couple of places.

There's minor fret wear in the lower registers, nothing coming close to needing any work.

Current setup is great......I also have a second saddle that would slightly lower it for fingerstyle only playing (maybe "strumming" depending on how heavy your right hand is)

Here are the specs from David's site....these are very close to the size of a typical OM...

Length of body 19 1/4"

Lower bout width 15 1/2"

Upper bout width 11 1/2"

Depth at heel 3 1/2"

Depth at tail 4"

Neck profile is just ever so slightly fuller than a typical Taylor.....(pretty shallow!)

The case is a Collings OM case that is literally brand new.

I'm letting this go for the same price I sold and bought it back for.....

2195 and actual shipping to the lower 48 only. Paypal will add another 50.00 and I'll cover the rest. ******NO TRADES******

1850 plus paypal/shipping

At David's current prices this would be 4200 retail with a standard dealer discount of 20% (3360.00) and that's at a very conservative estimate on the Claro upcharge. My price is pretty firm on this one.....it's a great value when you consider the upgraded case and electronics.

As always, will ship polished up, fingerboard freshly cleaned and conditioned and a fresh set of GHS Juber lights installed...ready to go!:guitar:

Please PM me through the forum as my Charter email is having trouble currently

Here's a recording I did with it a few weeks back......simple strumming tune, capoed at 2nd fret, but it gives you an idea of the tonal properties.

http://www.box.net/shared/fnndve51mj

Here are a few pics....

the horizontal line across the lower bout in this one is a reflection of the couch

wally3.jpg

wally6.jpg

wally5.jpg

wally4.jpg

wally7.jpg

wally8.jpg

case3j.jpg

case4p.jpg

Archived