For Sale - Super modded Peavey 6505 by FJA

BionicMark

• Members

SOLD

SOLD

Here we have a Peavey 6505 factory built in May of 2012. I literally just got this from Guitar Center , BRAND NEW/UNOPENED and had it shipped to Jerry at FJA.

The amp has been extremely modded by Jerry P.

Its has the following:

Mercury Magnetics Output transformer model #MMO-100

Mercury Magnetics choke - standard model for the 6505

Eurotubes KT66 & 6L6 high gain tube kit. Info from website below:

Integrated KT66-6L6GC High Gain Option for STOCK 5150's and 6505's

Price: $189.00

Description: Looking for more gain and a little British flair for your 5150 or 6505? This kit is for 5150 players who have to have more gain and want to use an Integrated quad without a bias mod. Two KT66's, 2 6L6's & 4 hand picked high gain ECC83S's for V1 thru V4 with one high gain balanced for V5. This tube kit is for STOCK 5150 and 6505 heads with no bias mod. The KT66's have a great open mid range tone that crunches up quicker than 6L6's but stays tight and full in the low end so the combination sounds great.

It does have the bias mod , clarity mod , and metal mod all rolled into one! Email Jerry here for verification. Comes w/ footswitch and paperwork as seen in the picture below.

Here is a video of Nick playing through a metal modded 5150 that Jerry did:

The tone in this video is on par w/ this amp. The KT66's do provide a little more headroom/bottom end. To say the amp is a beast is an understatement.

Reason for sale - (not that it matters) Jerry is building me a "Mark' model ground up amp and he just wrapped up my Atomica. The amp was bought and modded as a back up. It is no longer needed.

As you know..the work on this costs a lot , and I'm eating a little money sandwich on this one...the nature of the beast , I guess.

The tubes , and transformer have super low play time on them. However long Jerry played it to test/dial it in , and about 2 hours by me. The amp is PRISTINE , and you're getting a brand new KILLER amp.

Enjoy , whoever gets this tone machine!!

$1100 shipped paypal'd

Thank you!

Mark

peaveyf.jpg

rear.jpg

footswitch-1.jpg

Archived