Marshall JVM 410

James M

• Members

Sorry for the re-post, but I'm now willing to ship this, and I can't get the old thread title to change to reflect this.

FS: Marshall JVM 410H 100 watt amplifier head w/ footswitch and cable for $1050 local (DC) or $1130 shipped to the lower 48! This is Marshall's flagship amplifier, and mine is in excellent condition with only a few superficial tolex nicks...it's only about a year old. For those who don't know this model, the JVM (named after Jim and Victoria Marshall) has 4 channels (hense the 410...though I can't recall what the 10 is for!) and each channel has 3 gain structures; green, orange and red for clean, OD, and distortion. Thus, each channel is capable of 3 distinct sounds, for 12 total! Here's the channel breakdown (in my opinion):

Channel 1: Clean channel. Marshall apparently modeled this after Fender cleans; it sounds terrific. Green is totally clean, orange is sorta gritty, and red is a great low OD sound.

Channel 2: OD channel. I'm not a Marshall historian, but I've been told this is replicating a 70's Marshall. Green is cleanish, orange is my favorite to boost with an OD pedal, and red is a great classic rock AC/DC type tone.

Channel 3: Distortion 1 channel. Apparently based on Marshall's 80's higher gain amps. Green is pretty distorted already; orange and red are great for Van Halen or Sabbath type tones, depending on settings.

Channel 4: Distortion 2 channel. A "scooped mids" setting. I don't use this channel, but it's like 3 with a different EQ structure.

All these channels are footswitchable, as is a boost (master volume and boost volume are on the amp), reverb on/off, and you can apparently program it to switch the effects loop on and off too (though I haven't tried this). The amp is also apparently MIDI switchable, but I don't have any experience with this. Footswitch and footswitch cable (it is basically a 1/4 inch cable) included.

I've replaced the pre-amp tubes with JJ's (they were Marshall branded before) and put a JAN Phillips 5171 in P1 to cut down on some of the gain (I don't play metal or anything)...this has really made all the channels more usable, but I can include the original Marshall 12AX7 with the amp if you want. The power tubes are original, but only about a year old. I've had no problems with this amp at all, and I am the original owner. I will include the manual.

The amp has 2 effects loops; serial and parallel.

I can't think of what else to say...read about it on Marshall's website or guitar center or something, or ask any questions you want. I love this amp, but it's too high powered for my current Pink Floyd project and I think it should be out playing rock somewhere! I do not want to ship this amp because it's heavy and I don't want to risk any damage, so it's going to be going for sale for $1250 local pickup or $1330 shipped to the lower 48. . These amps are $2200 new now, and I have new(ish..they're about 5 months old) pre-amp tubes in it. I'm in DC, and will be willing to drive about an hour to meet you if you are nearby to do the transaction. CABINET NOT INCLUDED!

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

I have done many sales on The Gear Page and on Ebay (ID is agra98). Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Archived