|(Click for a close-up)|
Mother Ship Astrobelt (which replaces the previously released Fat Machine) version 1.2 is ready, offering virtual analog synthesis for Windows-based VST hosts.
Though designed to create sweeping pads, Mother Ship is a flexible synth capable of a wide range of sounds from rich pads and otherworldly percussion, to trancy, morphing arpeggios and chemical bass lines.
An interesting audio feature is the "pre DCF" output to the Delay Effect. The delay has its own multi mode filter, and this way it's possible to combine two different filter outputs for many interesting effects.
Mother Ship features a full host of MIDI performance functions, such as modwheel, aftertouch, pitchbend and several velocity mod destinations for its three flexible envelopes. With Astrobelt's Random Sound Bank Generation, 128 new and inspiring presets may be obtained with a single mouse click.
- 2 oscillators with pulse (+PW modulation), triangle (+PW modulation), saw waveforms, alias-free at any sample rate from 22KHz to 96KHz.
- Calibration of aliasing possible thru menu selection, for extra harmonic effects. Available settings are: Alias free, Some, Lots, Total.
- Detune for second oscillator : -100..+100 cents, -12..+12 semitones.
- Sub oscillator triangle waveform.
- Noise generator with variable bandwidth.
- 12 dB/octave resonant filter with soft saturation and cutoff keytracking, the filter can be configured as low pass, high pass or band pass.
- 3 ADSR 6 controls flexible exponential envelopes (AL AT DL DT SR RL), easy to use envelopes with big colored graphical display, 3 independent envelopes for Filter frequency, Pitch and Amplitude. Random attack level switch for each envelope at each note on.
- 3 velocity sensitivity controls for each envelope: velocity to attack level, velocity to attack time, velocity to decay level.
- Main velocity switch for each envelope. 5 velocity curves for keyboard performance selectable.
- Delay effect filter controlled, it can delay low pass, high pass or band pass output independently from the filter configuration. Delay time is syncable to VST.
- 2 voice chorus effect, with delay1, delay2, rate, depth, dry/wet controls.
- 1 LFO with 5 waveforms, sine, ramp up, ramp down, triangle, square
- 5 LFO modulation destinations adjustable: Amplitude, Filter, Pitch , PW1, PW2
- 3 independent amount modulation pages: normal, modwheel controlled, aftertouch controlled LFO rate and delay controls independently syncable to VST host.
- 5 switch to mute or bypass synthesizer main sections: oscillator 1 + sub, oscillator 2, noise generator, filter, LFO.
- Master volume control max polyphony selectable from 4 to 64 voices.
- Pitchbend range selectable from 0 to 12 semitones .
- Non-destructive preset manager with store, compare and recall functions.
- Smart random generation for single preset or full bank of 128 new sounds with one click.
- Compact 3D graphical interface with 4 switchable "colorize" effects.
Price: $32.90 USD. Sidegrade for registered users of Fat Machine: $9.90 USD.